Aetna Credible Coverage

Though I appreciate your information, I don't appreciate the tone and condescending manner you are using with me. This is a very complex industry to get into and I'm brand new as an independent agent with no manager. Let me guess you just took off running and never asked questions like this because you knew exactly where to find the information on your own without any help from anyone right?

That's right.
-----------------------
edit: I'm sorry, you caught me in a bad mood. Had some dinner now (with some good ice cream) and I'm feeling better. I apologize... but hope it did some good to rattle your cage. Don't forget that I did take the time to give you the information you needed. You should have said thanks and let it go at that. As a matter of fact, no one held my hand when I started out.... I dug for this info myself. A number of posts I made here, asking for info, were simply ignored. Perhaps it was for my good. That way I learned to dig for my own supper. In this respect, I wanted to at least lend you a hand that I didn't get.

One thing you should know... most everyone here has dug deep for the knowledge they have gained. To have someone come along and ask for it to be served on a platter is sometimes a little irritating.... Especially in this day and age of "google", not to mention the search function on this forum..... It smacks of laziness.

Last edited:
In all fairness the issue of creditable coverage is extremely complicated state to state and each carrier also has their own specific rules on what is creditable.

In addition there are variations from group vs. individual with some companies and some states.

If you really want to get confused ask carriers if SHORT TERM is creditable or not.

The reality is most carriers themselves do not know how to answer these questions, and they certainly haven't trained the agents on this subject either.

It is a good thread as the consumer is ultimately the one who suffers. If you read online it really makes it sound like if you had no more than 63 day gap you are entitled to guaranteed issue - which is not the case except in a handful of states that don't "get it".

Very complex indeed.

In all fairness the issue of creditable coverage is extremely complicated state to state and each carrier also has their own specific rules on what is creditable.

In addition there are variations from group vs. individual with some companies and some states.

If you really want to get confused ask carriers if SHORT TERM is creditable or not.

The reality is most carriers themselves do not know how to answer these questions, and they certainly haven't trained the agents on this subject either.

It is a good thread as the consumer is ultimately the one who suffers. If you read online it really makes it sound like if you had no more than 63 day gap you are entitled to guaranteed issue - which is not the case except in a handful of states that don't "get it".

Very complex indeed.

Indeed. When I spoke to the Aetna rep about GI plans or limited benefit plans she didn't even know what I was talking about. My biggest concern is to have someone think that they would be covered and find out later that they are not.

Aetna's guideline the way I understand it in Kansas is "if they have creditable insurance coverage withing 63 days of the effective date then the condition would be covered. I think I understand what is considered creditable coverage now.

Retread, I understand where you are coming from man; I'm just not that agent that you are referring to. Sometimes I am a little impatient I admit but its because I don't know where to find the information I'm looking for. I am humbled by the knowledge that some of the members here have and I know that it didn't come easy. This place is where I got the motivation to get into this business; I'm not looking for any handouts and realize there's a long road ahead for me. Time to call it a night:SLEEP:

Back