Aetna Medicare Supplements

Every Tabacco t65 that I have written has been at a tobacco rate. I never even knew some states allow you to not pay a tobacco rate if you smoke until now.
The Agent Checklist for Florida which is included every Aetna sales kit that I received reads under the heading DON'T FORGET "Premium mode(quote preferred rates for OE/GI)". I asked my up line about this because he is located in FL too and you would think he would have known it was incorrect, nope. I didn't know it was an error until I checked status online yesterday and saw the policies issued with a tobacco rate. Called Aetna and they said that FL is their only state where OE/GI is a tobacco rate for a smoker. I asked if I was the first agent to bring the Agent Checklist error to their attention. They said yes. I guess I am the only agent that read the material that was included in the sales kit.

The Agent Checklist for Florida which is included every Aetna sales kit that I received reads under the heading DON'T FORGET "Premium mode(quote preferred rates for OE/GI)". I asked my up line about this because he is located in FL too and you would think he would have known it was incorrect, nope. I didn't know it was an error until I checked status online yesterday and saw the policies issued with a tobacco rate. Called Aetna and they said that FL is their only state where OE/GI is a tobacco rate for a smoker. I asked if I was the first agent to bring the Agent Checklist error to their attention. They said yes. I guess I am the only agent that read the material that was included in the sales kit.
As long as you've been in the business, you should know that quite often the upline/FMO doesn't have a clue what they're talking about. That's why whenever I have a question, I go straight to the horse's mouth and call the company.

I've had that happen in the past, where a company printed it wrong and wouldn't honor what they wrote. It sucks, but what're you going to do?

As long as you've been in the business, you should know that quite often the upline/FMO doesn't have a clue what they're talking about. That's why whenever I have a question, I go straight to the horse's mouth and call the company.

I've had that happen in the past, where a company printed it wrong and wouldn't honor what they wrote. It sucks, but what're you going to do?
Agreed. Many uplines are failed agents...

I’ve only written Aetna through the eApp. I was forced to answer the smoking question. I’m not sure if I’ve seen a sales kit yet

Don't feel bad. Many agents don't read the material either . . . until their commission is cut off or reduced.

Most policyholders never read their policy until a claim is denied.
I think it was back in early 2017 when I was first posting here,
I can't remember how many times I saw goillini tell new agents to read the policies before they delivered them.

Cigna is similar, as only FL & MN are tobacco states with them. MS & TX are tobacco states for most of the carriers other than Aetna, Cigna, and AARP. Have you checked to see if AARP would give you a non-tobacco rating in FL?

I think it was back in early 2017 when I was first posting here,
I can't remember how many times I saw goillini tell new agents to read the policies before they delivered them.
I don't remember ever saying that LD, because I don't read the policies before I deliver them. I might have said to look at them and make sure the name, effective date, etc. are correct.

People deliver med supp policies?
I do most of the time because it's a good time to cross sell, get referrals, etc., and it doesn't hurt to have another contact with a new client. I'm not delivering them as much to long time clients as I used to, unless I need to take care of something for them or sell them some more insurance.

Back