Agent of the week?

enrolled a lady in a fe plan in maine.. upon talking.. she takes a t5 med where she must pay $900 a month and doc said no equivalent to change to. I checked all the plans in her county.. all had it as t5. purchasing from a canadian pharmacy has the price dropped to $47 per month and i am paying for her first order at $150 total to be sure its all good,... do I win??

WRONG.. many . including myself.. have gone to mexico and canada and get tons of rx meds.. even bernie sanders does it.. they are all fine.. the same/... and any pharmacist would tell a customer if the drug was legit.. time to update yourselves..

Blue Sky Drugs is careful to make this statement in their product listing for your med:
The generic alternative is not manufactured by the company that makes the brand product.

Again, you need to keep in mind that not everyone reacts the same to a generic version of a drug as they do to the name brand. Just because you, or I, do not have a problem with a generic version of a med manufactured in India or the UK, does not mean a client won't. (And that is not me as a non-agent making that up. There have been posts here over the last 5 years where senior market agents have mentioned that as an issue for a client.)

With those statements I am not saying that you should not suggest Indian or UK manufactured drugs purchased through a Canadian pharmacy to a client. I am saying that I believe your posts here suggest a rashness in the way you have approached this with your client which may not have allowed the client to be properly informed about the parameters of the decision they are making.

The most likely scenario is that the next agent in that home, and there will be one, will out the deed.

It will go kinda like this, "Mrs Jones, I see you are with overpriced insurance company. They are a good company but they just think a little too much of themselves. I can get you the same coverage for $20 less per month or $5K more coverage for what you're paying now".

Her, "well, that sounds nice and all but will you pay for my medicines too like the guy with overpriced insurance?"

The original poster gave her zip code in the Senior Forum. The client is way DownEast Maine in a very small town. Based upon that location, it seems very unlikely that she is being mailed heavily, but Im sure someone will come across her again.

How many agents do you know that have been charged for rebating? How many agents do you know that have paid a premium or fixed a billing issue directly with insured?

Many state regs allow for an agent to directly fix billing issues, especially if the agent is at fault.

And states do go after agents for rebating if its exposed. Problem is that its is a hard thing to know about unless a complaint is filed... or if its posted about publicly...

https://doi.sc.gov/DocumentCenter/View/4638/Worthy-William-M-II?bidId=

https://doi.sc.gov/DocumentCenter/View/4348/Galloway-Randy-J?bidId=

Right but if their issue with the meds would lead to complaints would lead to investigation would lead to the discovery of rebating

OP may say who would report me for rebating so the point is any number of issues can lead to rebating coming to light

Excellent point. Ime, this is how rebating is most often found out about. Other issues bring it to light.

Ring Ring - Hello Mr Agent, Miss Daisy here. Well, well I had to buy my babies some new Easter clothes so I find I am a little short this month and really need my sugar pills. Can you order those for me?
Mr Nice Agent- No
Miss Daisy - Hello Insurance Company, your Agent said you would buy my sugar pills if I ever needed like he did so I wouldbuy your insurance .....

I think one of them called me the other day.

They wanted to ask me about my car warranty.

5 calls for that in the last 2 days. One gal asked me how I was doing and I told her my cat died... she hung up. Another guy asked about my vehicle and I told him it was impounded because of the cocaine they found in it. He said he was so sorry to hear that then hung up. :laugh:

do I win??

No, because what you did was not within the an agent's legal purview.
But, you did a great job of service. Often just taking enough time to explain how they can help themselves is situations like this means just as much. Listening to a client's needs is a great way to solidify a sale.

Reminds me of a lady who's toilet I repaired many years ago. :yes: She is still a client and I'm still an unlicensed plumber. :laugh:

Back