Agent owner throwing massive amounts of cash for leads

So I started at a new job at Allstate. This is my second go at it for this carrier. My first go around was 3 months and I learned quickly for Allstate the only way to get a good rate was to be a picketed white fence family. Prospect/ Spouce with 2 cars, 2 kids, Auto and Home combined, with zero tickets and zero accidents , 36 months of continuos coverage and an Insurance score 5 or less. Allstate is competative in this arena. Get away from this demographic and it's not competative st all.

Agency did not buy a book of business , and i assume , the money they would have used to buy a book of business, they are using for buying live call transfers and internet leads.

I tried this route and i know its not the way to sell insurance for Allstate in just 3 months Interviews with other experienced Allstate Agency all told me this is not the way to go.

They have been threw 5 agents since October. I am the 6th agent to work for them . # 5 disappeared this week.

Should I invest my time and energy here? Or is this a disaster in the making ?

I left an Allstare agency after 3 months because I could not sell nothing with internet leads and live call transfers. I think in 3 months I was cheaper on 1 quote out of hundreds of leads obtained this way.

What's an experienced agents prospective on this.?

I like my Boss and where I work, but only been at it again for 2 weeks. I just feel this is going to be a disaster in the long run.

I recently started at an agency a few weeks ago as well. It is a current disaster. I started researching agencies in my area that have it together with long-term team members that know their stuff and are producing. I cold called the offices spoke to the owner or grabbed their e-mail if they were not reachable. I recommend you do the same. It seems like a quality agency doesn't have job board openings etc. A producer is a asset, not an expense, there is always room to be made as I was told by a fantastic agent I secured a position with.

I mean I can't complain. The base is not bad, my boss is a nice guy. But being replacement #6 in 10 months scares me.

If it was a good place to work, consistently, I would not be replacement # 6 i fear

If you have a license, go Indy. Allstate markets are good, but as you mentioned, the niche is limited for your ideal plan.

Independent brokers have the capability to write almost anything, with multiple markets. Your chances of making the sale is way higher, even if it's purchased leads.

Working for an agency that has a revolving door for employment is a red flag. Start lookin.

Good place is not good if method isn’t generating revenues. Your boss may be a good guy but believe me how your boss makes it all genuinely generate revenue for you matters a lot.

Know that allstate doesn't care about you, your agent or your customers. 6 months ago I left allstate after helping build a $4.5Million BOB, due to pricing but mostly because I stopped believing in the bullchit that the company keep feeding my agent, who should have known better and that bullchit trickled down to me---a 22 year LSP. I bled allstate blue blood and still do a little but my only regret is missing my customers but at the rate allstate was pushing phone calls, quotes, sales, etc, I was going to have to cut my personal touch with customers or watch the agency I helped build shrivel away until my agent sold it for pennies on the dollar. God put a 100 year old Indy in my live that has made my life VERY BORING and the best thing that ever happened! Good luck!

The lead generation strategy doesn't sound very good. I would talk to the agent and ask if you can generate leads your way. Some footwork and good networking (especially networking for referral sources) will be way more effective than Internet leads.

Back