Alzheimers Misdiagnosis

Mavrik

Guru
100+ Post Club
I had a woman declined today by Foresters for a prescription of Namenda but she explained it was mistakenly diagnosed for ongoing symptoms resulting from a stroke she had back in 1989. She took the prescription for 2 months and complained to the doctor it was making her memory worse so he discontinued.

Will a Doctor's note help to overturn the decline? What would you do to cover her and her 11 yo grandchild?

I had a woman declined today by Foresters for a prescription of Namenda but she explained it was mistakenly diagnosed for ongoing symptoms resulting from a stroke she had back in 1989. She took the prescription for 2 months and complained to the doctor it was making her memory worse so he discontinued.

Will a Doctor's note help to overturn the decline? What would you do to cover her and her 11 yo grandchild?

Yes, it absolutely will! When you get on the DINGER, you'll be able to get this type of info from a short text within seconds. Nice to have when you're in the house with a client!

Can not speak for foresters. But it may help if you shop it out. Good luck getting a simple letter from a Doc saying he mis diagnosed a patient. is that drug dual purpose?

When I sold my mom a policy 5 years ago, her doctor had given her namenda or something similar for Alzheimers because she was going through menopause and having some memory issues due to hormonal changes. It was quickly rectified by the doc. I sold her Royal Neighbors.

Isn't Namenda specifically asked about on the app?

She probably just forgot lol ;)

As long as a doctor will sign off on her not having chronic memory problems related to the normal reasons of taking Namenda, then she can get level coverage with United Heritage.

Had a similar case with an agent and this was relayed directly from Underwriting.

As long as a doctor will sign off on her not having chronic memory problems related to the normal reasons of taking Namenda, then she can get level coverage with United Heritage.

Had a similar case with an agent and this was relayed directly from Underwriting.

United Heritage
Trinity/Family Benefit

All sound like great companies. Not available in Florida.

Back