American General Surrender Forms

finalexpenseguru

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hello all, I am a long time agent and have a question for you life producers. If someone is replacing their American General Life & Accident (serviced out of Nashville TN), can one send the surrender form for the client directly to Nashville? I ask this because in the past the local office gets involved and wants to conserve the policy, and wants the surrender form sent to them so they can "verify" it (which means nothing more to me than a chance for them to talk the client out of it).

I am attaching the surrender form I have for them. Is there a good way to advise the client to request the surrender without the local office getting involved? I have sent them directly to Nashville in the past but sometimes they say it has to be "stamped" or something by the local office, and then sometimes they just send the checks.

Hello all, I am a long time agent and have a question for you life producers. If someone is replacing their American General Life & Accident (serviced out of Nashville TN), can one send the surrender form for the client directly to Nashville? I ask this because in the past the local office gets involved and wants to conserve the policy, and wants the surrender form sent to them so they can "verify" it (which means nothing more to me than a chance for them to talk the client out of it).

I am attaching the surrender form I have for them. Is there a good way to advise the client to request the surrender without the local office getting involved? I have sent them directly to Nashville in the past but sometimes they say it has to be "stamped" or something by the local office, and then sometimes they just send the checks.

If it is AGLA and not American General and the policy is assigned to a district office, the the District Office CSR has to verify and sign off on the form. (retired AGLA agent)

If it is AGLA and not American General and the policy is assigned to a district office, the the District Office CSR has to verify and sign off on the form. (retired AGLA agent)

Hi Rousemark, it is the AGLA and not the Houston adminstered American General.

so you are saying it can't be sent directly to Nashville with a copy of their DL? I was told by the local office this would work if sent to them and preclude the verifying stamp, but then a different office told me no, they still needed to verify (so not sure what good the license copy does then).

What would you recommend? Sending it to the local office or the home office? Rescuing them from a increasing cost policy but know the local office typically just wants to conserve the business regardless (naturally).

so you are saying it can't be sent directly to Nashville with a copy of their DL? I was told by the local office this would work if sent to them and preclude the verifying stamp, but then a different office told me no, they still needed to verify (so not sure what good the license copy does then).

What would you recommend? Sending it to the local office or the home office? Rescuing them from a increasing cost policy but know the local office typically just wants to conserve the business regardless (naturally).

I have sent them direct to the nashville office. They will always tell you to talk to the local office but I just them that we don't want to talk to the local office.

Monumental is the same way. They want you to call the local office. But they will let you send it direct to the main office.

You can send it to the HO and if it is a policy assigned to a district they normally will send it to the District CSR for the verification.. which also requires the servicing agent's initials.

You can send it to the HO and if it is a policy assigned to a district they normally will send it to the District CSR for the verification.. which also requires the servicing agent's initials.

well if my insured sends a certified surrender letter, return receipt requested and they don't send the money, I'm gonna go all Gooner on their ass. "if you come to battle bring a shotgun"

HAHA...twice in one night I get to post House of Pain...FOR THE WIN!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
well if my insured sends a certified surrender letter, return receipt requested and they don't send the money, I'm gonna go all Gooner on their ass. "if you come to battle bring a shotgun"

House Of Pain - "Jump Around" (Official Music Video) - YouTube

HAHA...twice in one night I get to post House of Pain...FOR THE WIN!!!

They are not going to "not" send the money but it might take a little longer than it would if you sent through the servicing district. As far as the agent making a conservation call to conserve the business, what is wrong with that? Wouldn't you do the same if you were being replaced?

They are not going to "not" send the money but it might take a little longer than it would if you sent through the servicing district. As far as the agent making a conservation call to conserve the business, what is wrong with that? Wouldn't you do the same if you were being replaced?

I don't mind the servicing agent making a call, except in my experience Am Gen agents lie through their teeth to conserve a policy. I had one a couple months back that blatantly told the insured I was lying etc...I conserved because I called the SOB on the phone with my PI...wait for it Rouse...3 times in one night...oh yeah

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back