Another Question

dobi

Expert
Ok, have a gentleman wanting a life policy. He is on SSI. Wrote a final expense on him from united was waiting for his signature and he calls me today and says that he was told that if he is on SSI he can't get life insurance because they look at it as an investment. So do I have any options if this is correct? Thanks!

Have somebody who has an insurable interest be the owner of policy.

That way the cash value wont have any effects on his govt benefits

Ok that would work!! I obviously didn't think of that! He is living with his parents so I would imagine one of them would agree to be the owner and they would have have an insurance interest! Thanks!

Ok that would work!! I obviously didn't think of that! He is living with his parents so I would imagine one of them would agree to be the owner and they would have have an insurance interest! Thanks!

Add the beneficiary to the same concerns. What would the benefits do to eligibility?

Ok, have a gentleman wanting a life policy. He is on SSI. Wrote a final expense on him from united was waiting for his signature and he calls me today and says that he was told that if he is on SSI he can't get life insurance because they look at it as an investment. So do I have any options if this is correct? Thanks!

You can also write him with Settlers. They are exempt from that if he signs the funeral trust form. That's what it's for.

----------

I think ALL new threads on this forum should be titled "Another question."

Add the beneficiary to the same concerns. What would the benefits do to eligibility?

Good point. You dont want to create a future problem.

Some FE companies allow you to lost a funeral home as the beneficiary. This may be an option for you.

Either way you can assist this family and help them out

Latest posts

Back