• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Another year of bad commercials! JJ and Joe are back!

Tscholar

Super Genius
Have you seen it? The new and "improved" Medicare commercials with JJ Walker, Joe Namath, & a few others. They have tweaked the commercials, & are focusing on AEP has a deadline. They added: Call to find out if your doctor is still covered & to see if your zip code has a plan that adds money back to your social security benefits. I called the 800 number as a test, the agents do give a disclaimer but they are NOT telling people to call 1-800 Medicare..I guess they get a pass?

Was really hoping they would pull those annoying commercials...oh well!

Was really hoping they would pull those annoying commercials...oh well!

They are here to stay as long as there is a loophole . . . just like robocalls from Asia and emails from Nigerian princes.

You have to be on your toes about email phishing. I got one last week, allegedly from FB. Seems my account was suspended for violating copyright laws. To restore my account I had to click a link in the email body.

Everything almost looked official until I looked at the raw header and discovered the email originated from an Outlook account.

They are here to stay as long as there is a loophole . . . just like robocalls from Asia and emails from Nigerian princes.

You have to be on your toes about email phishing. I got one last week, allegedly from FB. Seems my account was suspended for violating copyright laws. To restore my account I had to click a link in the email body.

Everything almost looked official until I looked at the raw header and discovered the email originated from an Outlook account.

The worst scam I've come across lately is a PayPal scam. The scammer spams your email with a PayPal invoice. In this case, it is similar to a product that I've previously paid for with PayPal, claimed to be from the same large company, and at approximately the same price. I think I would have only had to click one or two buttons after logging into PayPal for them to have taken my money. Thankfully, there was enough wrong with their name or email address on PayPal that I was able to spot the fake.

William Devane and Mike Huckabee have been running in my area. Lost all respect for both because of this.

Devane has been hawking gold for years. But he's actually a liberal, and liberals usually think investing in gold is nonsense.

I wonder if Namath et al actually have an MA plan. Endorsers of actual MA plans have to be a member of the plan. I doubt that's the case with endorsers of these marketing organizations though.

Devane has been hawking gold for years. But he's actually a liberal, and liberals usually think investing in gold is nonsense.

I wonder if Namath et al actually have an MA plan. Endorsers of actual MA plans have to be a member of the plan. I doubt that's the case with endorsers of these marketing organizations though.
Different Joe...Joe Montana had Wellcare when he was doing their commercial last year.

Last edited:
Different Joe...Joe Montana had Wellcare when he was doing their commercial last year.

I wonder how he got on WellCare. One things for sure, he didn’t pick up the phone after seeing a commercial and he didn’t go to a seminar.

“What do you mean the provider isn’t in the network? Don’t they know who I am?”

Last edited:
The worst scam I've come across lately is a PayPal scam. The scammer spams your email with a PayPal invoice. In this case, it is similar to a product that I've previously paid for with PayPal, claimed to be from the same large company, and at approximately the same price. I think I would have only had to click one or two buttons after logging into PayPal for them to have taken my money. Thankfully, there was enough wrong with their name or email address on PayPal that I was able to spot the fake.

I get those too . . . what you describe, and what I see, is actually phishing.

I got a new one yesterday

Chaz,

Can you price out what I currently have with Humana? I keep hearing from Jim Cramer on CNBC that he left UHC for Humana and saved $$ for the same coverage. ”

All kinds of tv personalities selling out

I got a new one yesterday

Chaz,

Can you price out what I currently have with Humana? I keep hearing from Jim Cramer on CNBC that he left UHC for Humana and saved $$ for the same coverage. ”

All kinds of tv personalities selling out

Humana’s stock hitting all time high after high as the mkts in a bear . Humana caught all the mapd CO’s off guard and went all in . Their going to have a huge aep .

Back