• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Any Recommendations for a Good Computer-based Dialer?

Difference for a single agent building a box and doing it yourself vs using mojo is about 110 dollars a month with average use, but the setup is not easy.

I'm honestly not opposed to selling preinstalled vicidial boxes to people, but i'd rather wait till I can get the dialer/crm integration in a format that can be preinstalled and svn updated before I do that so I'm giving people something that is fairly easy for me to support remotely with updates.

Vicidial is not very user friendly, and it is not designed with single users in mind at all, and requires significant modification in order to really work great.

Having said that, it CAN be made to really work great for basically any purpose where dialing of a phone is needed, it is a fantastic tool.

Today I tried out CallFire - impressed! I wanted to go low cost to try one out and heard of some people having success with them. In one hour, I got through 90 names. List wasn't the best, my fault. I was calling people T65 in July & August, I should have been hitting the Sept one!! Too many folks that were already set.

My philosophy is always start out "affordable" and later move up! Lets see how this goes...

Callfire is a great start.

Any reason for the T65 as opposed to the 67-78 crowd?

When using a dialer, do you have to be hard-wired into the router with an Ethernet cable or is it possible to use a wireless internet connection?

I ask this because I am looking at a dialer system and the instructions say that wireless connections aren't good at all, at least for their dialer or maybe this is with all dialers.

When using a dialer, do you have to be hard-wired into the router with an Ethernet cable or is it possible to use a wireless internet connection?

I ask this because I am looking at a dialer system and the instructions say that wireless connections aren't good at all, at least for their dialer or maybe this is with all dialers.

In my experience directly connected into a router is better but I do use YTels dialer off a wireless connection sometimes and I have no issues in about 2 months of active usage. It all depends on how good your internet connection is...hope that helps...

It really comes down to the internet connection and wireless internet is not usually as stable as a hard wired connection. I've had good luck with it, but each wireless network can vary. It has less to do with the dialer and more to do with the way your network is handling the data (voice).

Does that help?

Back