Anyone know anything about American Classic Agency ?

Re: Anyone know anything about American Classic Agency???

If you want to know about ACA then ask j1a2m3a4 he has been with them for about 5 months.

NAA spinoff with a bunch of wannabe's

Somarco, I spent 18 months in NAA and am currently affiliated with American Classic. You are in error regarding your assessment. The truth is that NAA is a spinoff of American Classic. The education that I have received from American Classic is far superior to that which I received with NAA in every imaginable way.

Most folks who start these kind of operations come from outside the industry. Art Williams was a football coach. So that is suppose to legitimize his organization?

There are at least 3 organizations that all have similar parentage. NAA, ACA and one other whose name escapes me. All came from A L Williams/Primerica.

The all operate the same. Generate leads internally through mass mailing. Recruit folks to come in, sell & build an organization beneath you. Charge you $500+ in start up fees plus $18+ per lead for rehashed leads. The manager for your area cherry picks leads and the rookies get crap. They start you off at 40 - 50% commission. As you sell & recruit you move up the ladder and earn overrides (less chargebacks of course). You are pushing a crap product that may stay on the books 6 months if you are lucky.

If they are pushing UL these days it is probably with another gimmick pitch that shows how you can pay off your mortgage in 10 years.

Still want to play?

Somarco, again your assessments are incorrect.
1. I was never charged ANY amount as a set-up fee in either NAA or ACA, as much as I hate to say anything in NAA's defense.
2. With NAA I did receive "re-hashed" leads. Even an intollerable amount of so-called "A" leads had already been called by another NAA agent. With American Classic's leads, there has never been an issue of a lead's integrity. Yes, with both lead sources there have been the folks that don't remember sending anything in, the folks that have changed their minds, the folks that don't want anybody coming out, the folks that just hit the lottery and don't need anything from you. But, that goes any lead generation source you will find. With NAA I received only a photocopy of the lead. With American Classic, I actually receive the original lead card.
3. As for the cherry-picking accusation and the "rookies getting crap" accusation, as much as I hate to speak in defense of NAA, I have experienced absolutely no cherry-picking with either organization. If rookies got crap, I would not have written $9200+ from 4 appointments and 6 apps on my first weekend with NAA.
4. As for the 40-50% commissions, that too, is inaccurate. NAA does start everyone out at 55%. I will not go into details, but I can assure you that I have never started an agent out anywhere close to that level.
5. As for the crap-product remark, you are simply ignorant concerning American Classic's portfolio. It is true that NAA seems to migrate to the non-med-only mentality. Actually, during one of my former manager's conference calls, he made this statement: "Now when you go into the home you're going to sell Home Certain...and if that doesn't work, try Home Certain...and finally, if that doesn't work, try Home Certain." One reason I moved to American Classic was to get away from that ignorant mentality. With American Classic, the portfolio includes non-med life, fully underwritten life, UL, WL, LTC, Med Supps, Stand-alone DI, Annuities, and other products. I enjoy the term (med and non-med) from Mutual of Omaha and the UL products from LSW. Those UL products from LSW are some of the strongest UL products that I have seen. There is no comparison in the ideologies between the two companies. American Classic simply does a better job of training agents to legitimately participate in the insurance industry.

Now Somarco, put your rocks down and play nice.

Nice post Tim. Sounds like someone knows what they're talking about from personal experience and someone else doesn't have any idea what they're talking about.

Nice post Tim. Sounds like someone knows what they're talking about from personal experience and someone else doesn't have any idea what they're talking about.

And a very kind "thank you" to you, sir. I find that removal of one's head from one's anal orafice will result in that same one being able to see the world much more clearly.

Last edited:
Very accurately stated and well put together Tim. I completely agree with everything you've said. It's a shame that when some people don't know something about a thing - they start making up stuff...
Anyway......I too am with American Classic Agency (ACA), and I have nothing but good things to say about them. They are a very Professional and Reputable Organization, and they really take care of the Agents who are affiliated with them. If anyone has any questions - feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

I built a downline in NAA and then lost it to my upline. You own nothing when you work through an agency. You want to see what they can do go to Ripoff Report: By Consumers, For Consumers and search NAA and also The Assurance Group to see what agents say about these outfits.. Search all companies there before you do business. It depends - do you want to work for yourself or for others?

I built a downline in NAA and then lost it to my upline.

Rabbi,

With all respect due clergy, from your posts it sounds like you've been involved in every insurance marketing system known to man. Off the top-of-my-head, haven't you been with;

- NAA
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Florida
- Health Benefits Direct
- blah, blah, blah

Did I miss any?

Are there any you haven't tried out?

That's what sets ACA apart from other agencies. With ACA you do OWN your book of business. If you ever decide to leave - the company will buy your book back from you. You loose nothing.

A few years ago I was recruited by NAA and later ACA. I only post what I know from first hand experience.

I stand by my earlier posts.

Both organizations have their roots in A. L. Williams/Primerica.

A turd is still a turd.

Back