• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Anyone know the grace period for 1st ACA 2018 premium

junkman

Guru
100+ Post Club
When does the 1st ACA premium for Blue Cross TN need to be paid for a 1/1/2018 effective date?

We don't get paid but I'm trying to help a broke but high(er) income friend.

and......................................................................................the answer to the q in the post vs title is????????????????

you usually have to pay before it goes into effect. In prior years, carriers gave a few extra days, but I wouldn't count on that.

Pay it before the plan goes into effect. That's what the law requires for the initial premium.

Per BCBST, even the 1st on-Exchange premium has a 30 day grace period. No claims paid until premium received and effective date would be in this case 1/1.

Some companies don’t send a card till first premium is paid

That won't matter in this case. He's just tying down insurance hoping something better becomes available. I told him to have the money available and someone aware and authorized to actually implement payment for him. It would be a mistake to be in the hospital and lapse the policy because there was no one to pay the premium.

Back