Anyone Use MetLifeGA.com for P&C?

CGreen, I did and saw 50% for new business and renewals for commercial lines and 50% for new business and 25% for renewals for personal lines, but did find out from looking at the MetLIfeGA's partnerships, that it's just a producer for a much bigger GA and went to the GA's site, that MetLifeGA produces for and registered as a broker, where I wouldn't have to write through MetLifeGA, if I do not want to. Like I said, since I am apponted in 21 states and want to get licensed in all 50, plus DC I like the idea of just referring the business to someone else, who's a much a better closer than I. I could always roll that book over to another GA, later which gives me a much better commission split.

Last edited:
Must be different program than what is offered to their captives.

I was a captive with access to MetGA, and now I'm an independent with access to the MetGA. Yes, they have a different program that pays more to independent agents. I don't use them though because I have either direct access to the carriers I need or access through a different GA that pays more.

The only advantage to MetGA is if you use them the way the other poster (I think it was jkearns) said they were using them by having them handle his out of state business so that he doesn't have to be involved in the transaction. Or if it was business you didn't know anything about, or just didn't want to handle you can hand it off to them.

They're good people to deal with, I worked with them for a long time. It just comes down to the dollars and cents.

Latest posts

Back