• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Appointment Setting Script that "weeds Out Losers"?

Bod

Expert
In this thread, John Galt mentioned one of the keys to setting appointments is to have a "strong script that weeds out losers."

http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/final-expense-forum/appointment-setters-realities-t81150.html

In all seriousness, how does one go about weeding out losers when setting appointments? What are the sure indicators that a person isn't worth meeting with, and what are the specific questions you could ask to identify these people on the call?

I believe the complete opposite. A good script has 1 purpose... To get you in front of prospects so you can make a presentation.

If you use a script to weed out undesirables, you will also be weeding out sales!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^That is simply the worst phone script I've ever seen.

I guarantee that you are not selling FE using that. I doubt you actually sell anything or you wouldn't come up with drivel like that.

^^That is simply the worst phone script I've ever seen.

I guarantee that you are not selling FE using that. I doubt you actually sell anything or you wouldn't come up with drivel like that.

Seems like he is talking about cold calling, so the script would be different than appt setting for dm. Either way, not a fan! If you can't afford to but leads, I'd recommend door knocking over cold calling.

Seems like he is talking about cold calling, so the script would be different than appt setting for dm. Either way, not a fan! If you can't afford to but leads, I'd recommend door knocking over cold calling.

I know he was talking about cold calling. It's still the worst I've ever seen. And I still guarantee that he's not selling FE using that.

Let me ask the agents who are using that phone script if they give me permission to reveal their name....I will get back you.

I'm asking you. How much do you write using that? You don't need permission from anyone to say what you do.

And I don't want the names of people using that.

You claim to be an expert at FE. Why can't you answer a simple question, expert?

First, the script is illegal. Senior are a protected class, and if an AG got ahold of that script, and the notes you have in parenthesis, you'd be made an example of. Also, TCPA law requires certain info at the beginning of the script, a fake business name is not one of them.

Second, even if all the illegal topics were fixed, the script is too long to be effective, ESPECIALLY for a cold call.

Third, I guarantee there is not a single agent successfully selling final expense by phone using this script or method.

Back