Are There Any Faith-based Christian IMO/FMO's

dosomething410,

Please look up the term Affinity Fraud and apply it to your specific faith denomination.

I'll give you some that relate to my faith:
Affinity Fraud

Affinity fraud continues to plague Utahns and Mormons | The Daily Universe

Ex-Mormon Bishop Charged in $20M Ponzi Scheme | Fox News

2 men using LDS church's name, identity of leaders, charged with fraud | KUTV

You can't say "I'm honest". You can't say "I'm ethical". If you have to SAY it, you have not built TRUST through your words and actions and it's a mark of desperation.

Do yourself a favor - DEMONSTRATE what it means to be an ethical Christian who looks after the needs of their clients. Don't TELL them... SHOW them.

Glad you posted. I know exactly what your faith is, but I have never seen you promote it or begin to use it, at least on here. Quite a few years went by before I even knew.

Now, I don't always agree with you and I doubt you always agree with me. However, I have no doubt you are ethical and mean well.

I've discussed it in the non-insurance forum - and then one particular poster will try to use it against me to get me to capitulate to his political points (I call it 'Christortion'). But I'd never say "I'm a Mormon and a boy scout leader and THAT'S why you should listen to me and invest with me."

Too many people believe that faith = good guy. If I were to meet with a member of my congregation, I'd do the same job that I would do with anyone else... but I'd also tell them something like:

"Your decision must be made as though I was anybody else. It has to make sense for your situation. If it does, great. I'd love to have you as a client. If it doesn't, please don't. Don't feel that 'you should support me or buy from me because we go to the same church.' The decision should fit regardless of our relationship. And if you don't want to, it's okay. It's a business decision and I promise we'll still be friends. Does that sound fair?"

Hello all,

I've been looking for a faith-based Christian IMO/FMO and don't seem to find any. I've also seen that there are several recruiters on here and I'm open to looking at others who put ethics above profits.

I am brand new to the industry and still trying to learn. I've just received my Life 1 license in Kansas. My background is in IT. However, I do have a high emotional intelligence and a true desire to help people find an insurance solution that best fits their needs.

Thank you in advance for any advise.

I don't know of any. I've "heard" bad things about ones that supposedly exists somewhere though.

You may want to look into mutual's or a fraternal. Some of those have charitable sides and are about taking care of each other. Just search for fraternal life insurance companies.

I'm an Atheist and will hold my ethics up against anyone that promotes their religion.

You don't need a Christian IMO. You need to be an honest, ethical person.

Rick

Wow haven't posted on here for a long time, but this got my attention seems the op is a christian and is seeking someone to work with who is also a christian, no harm in that. :yes:

Anyway my 2 cents well see you all again in a few years...

Exactly. Thank you for being one who would actually state your opinion instead of just piling on.

Also, for those who are claiming you have the moral high ground, I've never seen a truly ethical person lash out at someone because they are a Christian. Being ethical does not include discriminating based on gender, ethnicity, religion, orientation, etc.

In no way am I saying I'm better than anyone else. I simply asked a question about finding an IMO/FMO with a certain characteristic.

Thank you for the helpful responses.

Last edited:
I simply asked a question about finding an IMO/FMO with a certain characteristic.

What exactly are you afraid of when it comes to IMOs/FMOs?

I guess I don't really understand. I've never once had any FMO or IMO pull a fast one or break a contract.

I'm sure some have... but that info should be easy to find without looking for (in your words) the chick-fil-a of the insurance industry.

You will project this paranoia to prospects while trying to sell if you don't just stop. The moment you bring up why you are so trustworthy and start your spiel, they will immediately start to wonder...if they should trust you. Trust me.

Back