Article: The Worst of Times for Health Insurance Sales?

Sd...youve got another thing coming if you think the high deductible plans for the healthy are going to be a bargain...think again..

Oh don't get me wrong, I think ALL rates are going up IF this plan gets fully implemented in 2014. I just think the ONLY way insurers will be able to assign risk will be to have MUCH higher rates for those that are more likely to use the low deductible type plans.

Why don't Americans understand that if insurance companies are not able to assign proper risk based on health history, then ALL of us are going to HAVE TO pay more to cover those that are destined to have much higher claims.

"Why don't Americans understand that if insurance companies are not able to assign proper risk based on health history, then ALL of us are going to HAVE TO pay more to cover those that are destined to have much higher claims."

I guess the same way they can't understand why more people can got more benefits off the government and tax the rich more...., yet....... have the rich motivated enough to keep getting up, going to work, taking huge risks, and creating jobs for those few who actually want them.

None of this makes sense to anyone with sense does it? There is the problem. Most folks lack any sense.

The article makes no sense.
This might have been written for seo purposes.

Not to mention the fact that we as agents will be obsolete. From what I am seeing the home offices are "stongly encouraging" folks to go direct through the home office and bypass agents. This I am sure is a covert way of substantiating lowering commissions to the point that there is -0- money in selling/servicing clients. I hate to be a kill joy, but the marketplace looks very unfortunate for those of us that have been in the group health market for years.

Not to mention the fact that we as agents will be obsolete. From what I am seeing the home offices are "stongly encouraging" folks to go direct through the home office and bypass agents. This I am sure is a covert way of substantiating lowering commissions to the point that there is -0- money in selling/servicing clients. I hate to be a kill joy, but the marketplace looks very unfortunate for those of us that have been in the group health market for years.

I think the group market will still be around. It might change but it will still be there.

Group and indy health will be gone. Auto and home will be gone. Dental will be gone. Pensions will be gone. The state of New Mexico will be gone. Miami Of Florida football will be gone. Gas stations will be gone.

There are a couple of things that will still be here and newsworthy for years to come, long after all of your current predictions come true: Lady Ga Ga and Eminem. Take comfort in this thought.

Group and indy health will be gone. Auto and home will be gone. Dental will be gone. Pensions will be gone. The state of New Mexico will be gone. Miami Of Florida football will be gone. Gas stations will be gone.

Chumps, the only thing we can agree on is that Miami of Forida Football will be gone as we know it!

Glad to hear about Lady Ga Ga! I wonder what she'll look like in 20 years!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ABC...You're right but didn't we say this about Miami many years ago? And sure enough...here we go again!

I can't wait to hear some of the things that ex-booster is going to come out with. Sounds like plenty of nasty details.

Last edited:
Back