Assurant "KeyMed" plan

Expat

Guru
1000 Post Club
[SIZE=+0]how come no comments so far.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]Already released in a few states, due in Texas end of this week.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]Too hot to touch?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]Too expensive for a limited benefit plan?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]Piece of crap?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]Better than nothing?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]Use the state high risk pool?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]Any opinions out there?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-0]how come no comments so far.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0]Already released in a few states, due in Texas end of this week.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-0]Too hot to touch?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0]Too expensive for a limited benefit plan?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0]Piece of crap?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0]Better than nothing?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0]Use the state high risk pool?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-0]Any opinions out there?[/SIZE]

I'll take number 3 and 5 for most states I sell in Mr. Trebek.

yes
yes
yes
no
yes

Texas Risk Pool is OUTSTANDING and a GREAT VALUE however it needs to be renamed something more warm and fuzzy. Also if COBRA is higher than pool, you should be able to get in the pool. The pool also needs HSA plans.

Enough of that - if they want any more feedback they can hire me, based on my daily consulting rate.

There is nothing impressive about KeyMed, including the commissions. In a state like Texas with such a great safety net system - why bother.

Aren't they trying to compete with United American? My understanding is it's the same type of crap.

I've found the same thing by the time you rate them up for being overweight and having diabetes, etc. you can put them in the pool and they can have comprehensive coverage. In TX don't know about other states.

How do you get people in the pool if they have COBRA that's higher priced? My understanding that coverage being more expensive elsewhere is not a qualifying event anymore.

I just signed up to be a broker with Assurant. I have heard nothing but awful things so far. I have heard that doctors do not like their programs. Has anyone else heard anything bad about Assurant?

4 years of selling them and not a single client complaint. I have them and my family has used the coverage several times - no problems.

That being said I have yet to receive complaints on the other carriers I sell. The only complaints I handle is when billing messes up - which has never been the carrier's fault.

In some states (like this one)...they have one of the highest complaint ratios. Rates are horrible and virtually every prospect I talk to complains about their rates, coverages, or both. Of course, many got stuck with one of their stripped down plans.

And there you have it - Assurant agents are being trained to only sell Right Start and CoreMed.

Also, some Assurant captive outfits are spring up - agents only selling Assurant - only told to offer Right Start and CoreMed - zero training on the products and how they work.

I work with another company as a captive and I am very happy. We just signed up with Assurant to sell their products and they gave us a great amount of education on the product. I am just really concerned about the complaints. I guess if you sell the product and you know what you are selling and whom you are selling it to, then you should have no problem knowing if it is a match. I was just more or less worried about their claims experience and denying payment of claims to clients who thought they had coverage.

If any company made it a policy to simply deny claims they'd be out of business. Even Mega pays their claims. Yes - we all see the new articles about companies performing post claims underwriting and yanking policies back but those actions make up an extremely small percentage of claims.

If you want to see doctors suing companies to get paid I'll link you to articles from Aetna to UHC.

Back