Baby Boomers

In my opinion purchasing "leads" is the poorest and most costly way of trying to get new clients. I stopped doing that years and years ago.

If you are trying to market to those turning 65 I think it makes it just that more difficult. If I were a new agent and wanted to break into the senior market and was interested in selling to people T65 I would buy a list and start knocking on doors.

Using the phone to contact those people is going to be very time consuming and frustrating to say nothing about the expense of purchasing T65 "leads".

Just my two cents worth.

Give me a call if you would like to discuss it further, 573.544.4091.

Was this post a "copy and paste?" I swear I've read this exact post on another thread.

Frank, 95% of your posts are the same.

"Leads suck" "T65 Sucks" "call me, I've got contracts"

Boring

Was this post a "copy and paste?" I swear I've read this exact post on another thread.

Frank, 95% of your posts are the same.

"Leads suck" "T65 Sucks" "call me, I've got contracts"

Boring

Really, you find my posts "boring"?

That is your "opinion" and I thank you for sharing it. If you don't like what I post then I suggest you don't read them anymore.

I'm not trying to win a popularity contest but provide agents with logical, intelligent answers to their questions based on eighteen years of working the senior market.

Holy shiite batman!!! I agree with Al on this one. I have many senior clients and Al couldn't have said it any better. Well said Al.

That is SO true. I'm a BB and I can't tell you the number of young agents who cold-call me for financial products and don't even TRY to build any kind of rapport and go right for the sale.

Many people my age came from a "Don't trust anyone over 30" paradigm and now it's "Don't trust anyone UNDER 30!"

We're a "relationship" kind of group and we are probably less trusting than our parents who are now in their 80s.

Lots of boomers want to deal with other boomers. However there is an equal number (like me) who enjoy dealing with young professionals, if for no other reason that when I'm in my 80s they will still be in their mental prime and be able to advise me. Both my stock-jocks are in their late 30s, my lawyer in her early 40s, and I think my doctor is only 14 years old!!!

Young guys/gals have a good future with boomers but they have to dial it down a bit... be a bit "mellow"... learn to "chill"... and understand the age-old truism that "They don't care how much you know until they know how much you care."

If you are considered a trusted advisor we will refer you to everyone we know. If not... you become just like all the others.

Al
I can be found on this site. I don't post from the shadows as so many others here do.

I appreciate that, I am here to help the client, not just make a quick buck. I was just wondering if you are seeing a significant increase in sales as opposed to last year at this time. For myself it is rather slow. I have invested much time and effort into leads with little pay off. I was expecting an increase this year Thanks for your comments.

My year has been significantly better than last year but last year was my first year of being independent after one year captive. Now that I have residuals and referrals, my sales were bound to increase.

I purchase leads every month too and I have noticed my response rate go from about 3% to about 2% this year and I've noticed that during non AEP time I see a lot more Turning 65 cards than last year. I think a lot of agents from the under 65 area has transitioned over to the over 65 crowd.

That said, I still can see a good amount of people going on to Medicare for the first time and I couldn't imagine doing it any other way

Back