Bankers Life and Casualty...good for Newbies?

I just left Bankers!
I was with them while I got my license, but when I started making calls I realized within 2 weeks that the ROI (return on investment) was going to take far tooooo long to make decent money. Some make it, but it seems like they get much better leads and support. I am so new to this business. I really want a little more role play from senior sales guys......how come no one give that?

Thanks for explainin' what ROI stands for, SAI would have been confused.

Man, everyone on here is a smartass, huh?!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm all for not signing with BLC but to be honest, it'll take long to make decent money with any company. Why should they waste good leads on someone who was only making calls for two weeks?
You have to first prove yourself with cold calling and then move to leads.

True! I saw the ones in there for longer then me, much longer, doing all the right things and making crap. If you are working your ass off and doing all the right things for long enough, you should start to make at least enough to fund your gas and food. If you don't have a good starting block, it's going to take that much longer, isn't it?

Last edited:
caligirl said:
Man, everyone on here is a smartass, huh?!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

True! I saw the ones in there for longer then me, much longer, doing all the right things and making crap. If you are working your ass off and doing all the right things for long enough, you should start to make at least enough to fund your gas and food. If you don't have a good starting block, it's going to take that much longer, isn't it?

Oh I agree it is hard to make money there, but it wouldn't have hurt to get some training and learn to make good calls and then get the hell out. That's what I did :)

Well kids, it's time to sharpen up your writing business 'pencils', and get ready to roll!

Bankers just sent out their annual rate increase letters on the ever increasing LTC policy premiums . Looks like the first round is somewhere between 20-30%. They usually do it in two rounds.
As always with their stellar planning, it arrived at the victim's, I mean client's, households on Friday the 14th, 2012, so as not be noticed, in order to be drafted several more times from their fixed income checking accounts, hopefully on through the non-foreiture contingent benefit days.
Make those calls team, get out your notes, and get over there and help those suffering Bankers clients!
I'd say the newbies at Bankers will have some extra abuse FROM the clients, instead of the usual abuse they receive, as they phone the clients announcing that they are the new agent, and need to come and see them.

Last edited:
I just left Bankers!
I was with them while I got my license, but when I started making calls I realized within 2 weeks that the ROI (return on investment) was going to take far tooooo long to make decent money. Some make it, but it seems like they get much better leads and support.

Yes, some get better leads. They pretty much know the good zips, names, etc.

The good ones go to the favorite agents, ones that will split with the manager. Ones about to hit bonus, therefore make more for manager. They give you the left overs.

Sometimes you hear another agent working your leads in the cubicle next to you.

I am so new to this business. I really want a little more role play from senior sales guys......how come no one give that?

There is no incentive for anyone to role play.

Anyone ever heard of Puritan?

Run fast and far. Just google them and you will find out. There have been some posts on here too.

Last edited:
Ahh yes, and run I have, only after having a couple weeks of rather disturbing experiences. .... Why aren't insurance agents tested more on ethics, just like how the securities exams test us?

Ahh yes, and run I have, only after having a couple weeks of rather disturbing experiences. .... Why aren't insurance agents tested more on ethics, just like how the securities exams test us?

Being tested for ethics and having ethics aren't the same thing.

Last edited:
Back