• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

BCBS FL Plans Available on Ehealth

Quotit is no improvement from Norvax. Trust me. Been there. Done that.

Of course, I didn't much care for Norvax either.

But if BCBS of Florida is now contracting with eHealth, but they will not contract with you (or me) then I suggest filing a complaint with the Department because listen up folks, eHealth is nothing but another licensed insurance agency - JUST LIKE THE REST OF US. They have no special significance in the world whatsoever, except for whatever special pull we allow them to have.

This is called unfair competition - locking out some agents/brokers but not others. It's illegal.

Caveat: If you only produce 2 apps a year that don't count. But if you meet their minimum production requirements, everyone should be allowed in. Of course, they may have reset their minimum to some silly number that only eHealth can hit, but that too would be a questionable maneuver.

It's our fault if we allow the Blues to keep getting away with this crap. Also, take note of how many agencies on the internet are blatantly advertising they carry BCBSFL in addition to all of the big name national carriers. This would appear to be a direct violation of their BCBSFL contracts, no?

Back