BCBS OK Rates Filed 49.77% to 51.65% Increase

Since 80% of IFP purchasers get subsidies to (generally) offset premium increases...

Higher premiums equal higher commissions, unless companies cut commissions. Nah... they wouldn't cut our commissions for 2017, while giving the CEO and top executives a raise.. would they?
:yes:

With the assumption that the OK contract is the same as Texas, we are not going to get paid a commission on the increase. Its in the fine print.

All compensation for Under 65 product lines is based on the initial preferred premium on the policy. Initial
preferred premium will only be increased for dependent additions. If a policy change results in a coverage
premium that is less than the initial preferred premium, then compensation will be paid on the lesser amount.

I see this email from my client as a major trend, especially with these OFF exchange rate increases next year:

I did cancel insurance and no I do not have a new policy. I have decided to just take the penalty. I am not happy with the insurance; it sucks and not worth paying $375.00 a month for.

I can't blame them a bit, can you Bill?

OTOH, I would never go without health insurance unless I absolutely could not afford it. Unfortunately, I have former clients for whom (who?) that is true.

Since 80% of IFP purchasers get subsidies to (generally) offset premium increases...

Higher premiums equal higher commissions, unless companies cut commissions. Nah... they wouldn't cut our commissions for 2017, while giving the CEO and top executives a raise.. would they?
:yes:

No, they wouldn't. :no:

I see this email from my client as a major trend, especially with these OFF exchange rate increases next year:

"I did cancel insurance and no I do not have a new policy. I have decided to just take the penalty. I am not happy with the insurance; it sucks and not worth paying $375.00 a month for."

LOL...cancelled due to a $375 premium? That's a pre-ACA premium.

YAgents, your client must be one of the young millennials that the government is begging to enroll.

Opinion: I don't think it would help much if every young person in the country enrolled at this point. Insurers are paying out way more than they could ever recoup from $375 premiums.

Back