BCBS-Texas - Child-ONLY - Submit in July or NO Agent

Fill in company name is committed to reducing administrative costs for this product. For this reason, Fill in company name will be available only on a direct-sale basis.

A preview to 2014???

Exactly!
retired People, over the age of 65 insurance for seniors
Medicare Supplement Insurance medicare supplemental coverage Insurance by Mutual of Omaha and Humana Aetna Coventry Part D Medigap

Last edited:
This is the prelude to the FINAL FRONTIER of GI commissions = 0%....

Last edited:
Submit your BCBS-Tx applications for Child-ONLY policies BEFORE July 31st.

After that, there will be NO Agents (for child-only policies).

Agents will be "history" ...for future child-only policies in Texas.

You are 100% correct. However, there are still a few carriers in Texas offering agent compensated child only plans. BC is not the only game in town at least for now. My BC rep said United Healthcare had already stopped writing child only policies, the rest may stop too. BC's Blue Pathway for kids will be priced around the same as risk pool so if there's already the risk pool why are they going to offer this at all and cut agents out? IT STINKS and it's becoming a monopoly, they are flexing the control they have over the market.

What worries me is will the others follow their lead soon? If they can get by with it I'm sure they will try. Like I told our BC rep, I'll do whatever I can to direct them elsewhere, I am very offended that they are trying to cut the agent to save money - that's a cop-out, they don't pay enough commission on these individual policies to have much impact on their bottom line especially since they have 90% of the individual and group business in Texas. They are just the primary company and they are testing the water here. They are controlling the market because they dominate it. They had a seminar for individual plans last week and think they mentioned this - nope. I guess they think we wouldn't notice. They swear they have no intentions of doing this on their other products - uh huh guess that's why they didn't come out with this before now, 7 days before they stop offering the child only plans that we can market and get paid on. I guess they just came up with this idea.

Back