Becoming Motivated?

Well, I am ordinarily well motivated for the above stated reason. If I don't sell something, it gets mighty cold and dark in here, mighty quick. ;). I was having a bad day yesterday, and let it get to me, as was evidenced by this post.

I realize that the biggest thing about selling insurance is how many people you expose to your products. If you don't talk to a lot of people, you won't make any sales. So, I realize that my plan needs to be; 1. Call lots of prospects, 2. Use a good script-outline when talking to those prospects, 3. Try to get to a 1 out of 15 or better closing ratio.

Sound about right, guys?

Dave.

Sounds like a GREAT Audience! I would have to think about that one, I'm sure something in the line of a Death Benefit and Accumulation Account should go a long way. Help with College Funding, as in the income twist on the Financial Aid side of College cost.

Thanks for the ideas, James. I only have around 10-15 minutes to do the presentation, so it will have to be short and to the point. I haven't really done anything with the College Funding concept, don't know much about it to tell you the truth. If you could give me a few pointers, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have heard a little bit about the Death Benefit and Accumulation, isn't that where you have a participating whole life policy and then, like a 20 year term rider?

Thanks, Dave

Thanks for the ideas, James. I only have around 10-15 minutes to do the presentation, so it will have to be short and to the point. I haven't really done anything with the College Funding concept, don't know much about it to tell you the truth. If you could give me a few pointers, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have heard a little bit about the Death Benefit and Accumulation, isn't that where you have a participating whole life policy and then, like a 20 year term rider?

Thanks, Dave

Don't do much with College funding, came up with that when I seen "Home Schoolers", yet the main point is very much dependent upon economic situation. As in Income and Savings, if they have to much the student will never qualify for Financial Aid. Insurance as in WL/UL's and or Annuities are not use by the school when they view the financial standing of parents. In other words you play a shell game with the money of the parents, if they have any amount of savings it goes against them when little Johnny goes to college.

Then again, talking about something like HELOC may very well be a winner. Go here and listen to this guy, okay it is about 70 minutes but, key in on the area where he goes into the cost of financing a home,
Created by Camtasia Studio 4 this is the Borrow Smart-Retire Rich.

Become an expert at life, health and disability, virtually everyone is a prospect. Write down every person you know, call them and ask if you could meet them for 15 minutes, ask them when was the last time they had their life health and disability insurance audited. How would they know if they have the best policy, would they be interested in saving money or increasing their coverage for the same outlay. I am constantly prospecting, I sit at community table at meat and 3 reataurants and move the conversation to insurance related matters. I carry a PDA that has Compulife on and have quoted rates at the table and then written apps later that afternoon. I play golf with strangers just to prospect, wrote 3 guys once over beers after golf when I bet I could beat their term rates. Find a mentor, even if it is someone on this board, better than no one. This is the easiest business and most profitable business in the world if you constantly prospect, if you don't it is brutal.

Become an expert at life, health and disability, virtually everyone is a prospect. Write down every person you know, call them and ask if you could meet them for 15 minutes, ask them when was the last time they had their life health and disability insurance audited. How would they know if they have the best policy, would they be interested in saving money or increasing their coverage for the same outlay. I am constantly prospecting, I sit at community table at meat and 3 reataurants and move the conversation to insurance related matters. I carry a PDA that has Compulife on and have quoted rates at the table and then written apps later that afternoon. I play golf with strangers just to prospect, wrote 3 guys once over beers after golf when I bet I could beat their term rates. Find a mentor, even if it is someone on this board, better than no one. This is the easiest business and most profitable business in the world if you constantly prospect, if you don't it is brutal.

Words to live by!

I love small rewards for myself - was pitched the idea at a Brian Tracy seminar I attended years ago. Set either hourly or daily goals and when you reach them reward yourself with something small.

The mistake people make with goals is they're too long term. Agents say "this year I'm gonna make $100,000" but can't get past 11am. Very small attainable, but challenging goals are far better. If you focus on generating 10 leads on Thursday you won't have to worry about that $100,000 goal.

Some of it can sound pretty stupid but it works for me. My wife (fantastic cook) just make up a batch of her brownies - the kind with the chocolate chip in 'em. Man....I love those damned things.

However - none for me today unless I attain the goals I set for myself this morning. And I don't cheat - and my wife won't let me cheat.

As it stands right now, I'm well on course for those damned brownies.

However - none for me today unless I attain the goals I set for myself this morning. And I don't cheat - and my wife won't let me cheat.

Good thing she doesn't do it with sex. You'd have 15 kids by now!

Al

Totally agree, yet the guy is doing a fifteen minute presentation and needs a specific topic. What would you suggest? The audience will be "Home Schoolers" which in my mind likely means upper middle class, intelligent people that are naturally motivated to do the right thing, as they being homeschoolers obviously have something on the ball.

I would make a presentation that is very generic that will make the audience really wonder if their planning is on target. I have done many of these types of meetings over the year, one can talk about some of the common mistakes families make and give examples. One thing I have used recently that goes back to my "free insurance audit" is giving an example of shopping my home and auto insurance, I saved 4000. Now to me that is real money, through in potential savings on other insurance and you make folks start to squirm. I developed a relationship with a P&C guy and send him that business to "audit" and I do everything else. You can talk about the danger of counting on group health, disability and life. I could go on and on. I haven't started on the necessity of naming guardians and wills and trusts and the pitfalls to be carefull about.

Back