Best Marketing Course or Book on Life Ins Marketing?

I'm wondering if anyone here has any positive experiences (and possible recommendations) for books, ebooks, or marketing courses that you purchased and thought were highly effective regarding life insurance (and annuity) marketing and lead generation?

Something that gave you a great idea to run with and that you actually implemented and made money on because you hadn't thought about it before.

Are asking about online lead generation?

Lead generation involves a lot of different disciplines. They include, but are not limited to web design, SEO and/or SEM, programming, conversion optimization and usability.

Most people should do more outsourcing than I do, but I think it is important to have an understanding of the various disciplines in order to oversee the work.

I recommended two books on this post about conversion and usability.

I started learning SEO over 5 years ago. A lot has changed since then so I can't recommend any SEO books.

However, I strongly recommended that you start cheaply. You can learn SEO 101 via a combination of reasonably priced books, youtube videos, blog posts, etc.

(Aaron_4sight has posted some videos on this forum that can help you get started.)

Seminars are usually at least SEO 201. If you go to a seminar before you understand the basics, you will be wasting money because many of the concepts will be over your head.

Are asking about online lead generation?

Lead generation involves a lot of different disciplines. They include, but are not limited to web design, SEO and/or SEM, programming, conversion optimization and usability.

Most people should do more outsourcing than I do, but I think it is important to have an understanding of the various disciplines in order to oversee the work.

I recommended two books on this post about conversion and usability.

I started learning SEO over 5 years ago. A lot has changed since then so I can't recommend any SEO books.

However, I strongly recommended that you start cheaply. You can learn SEO 101 via a combination of reasonably priced books, youtube videos, blog posts, etc.

(Aaron_4sight has posted some videos on this forum that can help you get started.)

Seminars are usually at least SEO 201. If you go to a seminar before you understand the basics, you will be wasting money because many of the concepts will be over your head.

I think it was clear I wasn't specifically asking about online marketing although I love to market online. -But way to pimp your own book and services ;) I own a few websites and market using paid traffic sources. I think spending time on SEO in the insurance realm is largely a waste of time. There are just too many big hitters out there with huge budgets for SEO. Sadly the PPC traffic has gotten super expensive and other paid traffic produces less quality IMO.

What I was wondering was more along the lines of standard marketing methods (or combined with online). Something on a road less traveled and more outside the box.

I'd also be interested to know if anyone here has been able to successfully build and monetize email lists.

Last edited:
I have built email lists that work well.

I use direct mail to drive for more information. I use landing pages to sell a little more and if they want more information then they sing up. I do online webinars and free reports.

These lists have provided a good amount of money over the years.

I have built email lists that work well.

I use direct mail to drive for more information. I use landing pages to sell a little more and if they want more information then they sing up. I do online webinars and free reports.

These lists have provided a good amount of money over the years.

Ok so you used direct mail to drive people to your website or email address? Curious, what was your target market and products?

Thanks,
[email protected]

I think spending time on SEO in the insurance realm is largely a waste of time. There are just too many big hitters out there with huge budgets for SEO.

Initially, I was going to be sarcastic in a funny way.. However, I decided against it.

Truth is, I can tell you about a few agents that are doing only SEO and getting consistent leads. As a matter of fact, I can tell you about a 1 man agency (I think it's still 1 man) that's just writing people that have requested to fill out an app, not a quote, and running a million-dollar biz.

I can tell personally I've had some success with generating Organic leads with Medicare (which is really a pain in the ass to do, going against CMS and Medicare.gov, along with State agencies)

I don't know if you've put effort into SEO and driving organic traffic or not, but it does work if you're strategic about it and look at the long game.

Back