Best P & C Opportunities

CTInsureMe

Hello folks,

I used to work in the Health Insurance market for years but have been in P & C market here in CT for just about a year. With the company I work with, although the leads and carrier quality are good, I don't own my book if I leave so I am thinking about eventually striking out on my own again. My questions are:

- Which carriers/opportunities offer the best pay schedule for a new rep starting from zero.
- Do any require any financial investment?
- Which ones allow you to own your book, and for how long, if you leave?

Any thoughts would be MUCH appreciated!!! Thank you :)

A broker I am working with now is in a similar situation. 10 years in Health with a good Health book - started commercial this year. He is pushing apps through a brokerage for a commission split but is retaining ownership. He takes less commission but they process bind and service the account. Then after he accumulates some volume it may come time to re negotiate. Once you get a little volume that is when doors will open up. Its really hard to start 0 to hero in P&C.

I also worked in health for years before P&C. I saw health care reform coming and commissions going. I joined an agency alliance, or cluster group, whichever you prefer to call them. It was not cheap but I had instant access to carriers both personal and commercial. I started my book by just working my health insurance book for leads. The first year health and life really paid the bills and P&C was not making a profit. Three years later P&C pays the bills and is my main focus.

I am with SIAA here in NY, so I can't stay out of your market, insurance 1822, but on the bright side we profit as a group.

Latest posts

Back