• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Best PC To Purchase

LVGUY

Expert
I want to start from scratch and am looking for the best PC and printer for the best value to sell life and health insurance online. For example which brand, memory, hardrive output, warrantee and other criteria. I would be partial to Best Buy since they have 18 months no interest but would consider other retailers. I greatly appreciate all responses and want to do it right the first time. Thank you.

Honestly, just about anything you get above the base models is going to likely be excessive. Computing technologys has com ea long way. I got a laptop for life insurance three years ago for $400 and it's more than capable even now. You want something with multiple cores and ideally an intel processor (but not a celeron). At least 4 gb of ram is good, but the more the better.

Go Mac and never go back

Won't work for most insurance carriers.

Won't work for most insurance carriers.

I see you have changed your tune. A few months ago or so you were saying you had no problems with your Mac and carriers except for a couple. I know because I was the one asking about computers and buying one from Walmart but you were too good for Walmart too LOL

Walmart as screwed up as they may be, just happens to be the only store that carries my lime Oikos yogurt. They also just started carrying Panama Jack beachwear and some really cool beach towels. :biggrin:

I ended up getting my confuser from Tiger Direct.

I see you have changed your tune. A few months ago or so you were saying you had no problems with your Mac and carriers except for a couple.

Not at all. I think you may be recalling the conversation incorrectly. I love my Mac and use it every day. Unfortunately I have it alongside a PC because there are programs my Mac just won't (practically) run. More to point, the OP specifically asked about selling health insurance. If they were just looking for a reliable computer that works well for most everything you need done, still 100% mac.

Walmart as screwed up as they may be, just happens to be the only store that carries my lime Oikos yogurt. They also just started carrying Panama Jack beachwear and some really cool beach towels. :biggrin:

I ended up getting my confuser from Tiger Direct.

I'm a huge fan of Tiger Direct. I needed some hardware for my dialer and they were on top of it.

The OP said health and life. You said Mac won't work for most insurance carriers. My everyday use requires a computer that works with work stuff.

Josh
Have you had a chance to look into the new Google computer? The Chromebook I believe it is called.

The OP said health and life. You said Mac won't work for most insurance carriers. My everyday use requires a computer that works with work stuff.

Aside from a mac for home and a mac for the office, I have a work laptop and a gaming laptop I bought a few months ago just to play a video game. I can't imagine a life with a single computer! haha.

Josh
Have you had a chance to look into the new Google computer? The Chromebook I believe it is called.

The Chromebook has been around for a while, but the latest ones are certainly an improvement. They're GREAT if all you want to do is basically browse the web. They're cheap (practically disposable) and have a great battery life. If you want to do things on the go and don't need much outside of what you can do on a browser, it might be a good fit. On the other hand, my phone can do more than a Chromebook.

I think we are getting to the point where the PC is not required the requirement has been carrier software won't run on a MAC heck let's be honest it doesn't like running on Windows either. But many carriers now have an online browser version which I prefer if I am office based as I don't need to worry about updates.

I think we are getting to the point where the PC is not required the requirement has been carrier software won't run on a MAC heck let's be honest it doesn't like running on Windows either. But many carriers now have an online browser version which I prefer if I am office based as I don't need to worry about updates.

That's a good point. The challenge with that is some of them require internet explorer which is only available on a pc, so we're back to pc land.

Back