Best Way to Handle This. Had a Death Claim

sirherbie

Guru
1000 Post Club
How do I handle this?Its no big deal. Took out a GI with a 2 yr wait and the policy just went in affect 1 week ago and she died.Should I just 30 day free look it are file a death claim?I've just never had this happen this early. It almost feels stupid to file a claim. Also should I notify the company?Should I have the client call in the claim?

How do I handle this?Its no big deal. Took out a GI with a 2 yr wait and the policy just went in affect 1 week ago and she died.Should I just 30 day free look it are file a death claim?I've just never had this happen this early. It almost feels stupid to file a claim. Also should I notify the company?Should I have the client call in the claim?

Did she even accept the policy? Is her account still open for the premium to go back into? That client call may have some hefty long distance charges.

Personally I would rather have a non take than a claim.

And I have had a claim within 6 hours of taking an app. It was still on my desk when I got the call. Paid $20,000

The policy went in affect 7 days ago and she just died. The company mailed the policy directly to her. The daughter called me. Should I just 30 day free look it?Theres nothing to get back anyway but the 1 premium? Does the beneficiary need to send me a letter to cancel it are a letter that she died?

Just call the company. They'll tell you how to handle it. If the first premium was yet to be paid then it never was in force anyway.

The policy went in affect 7 days ago and she just died. The company mailed the policy directly to her. The daughter called me. Should I just 30 day free look it?Theres nothing to get back anyway but the 1 premium? Does the beneficiary need to send me a letter to cancel it are a letter that she died?

Unless the owner it is not her's to cancel. As Jerard said just call the company.

The first premium was paid on april 2nd. It was money back and 10%. I just don't want to file a death claim over $50 when I can just 10 day free look and get there money back.

The first premium was paid on april 2nd. It was money back and 10%. I just don't want to file a death claim over $50 when I can just 10 day free look and get there money back.

How could you free look it when the person who has to refuse it is dead?

Just call the company. Have them tell you how to go from there.

When it comes to GI, we only write em if we actually think the client has a few good years left. When I meet with someone who looks like they're dying, it's time to move on.

Back