Best Way to Handle This. Had a Death Claim

The first premium was paid on april 2nd. It was money back and 10%. I just don't want to file a death claim over $50 when I can just 10 day free look and get there money back.

I would call the company and then explain the options to the bene. You may gain some business from doing your job.

The first premium was paid on april 2nd. It was money back and 10%. I just don't want to file a death claim over $50 when I can just 10 day free look and get there money back.

In this case the legal thing to do is inform the company and let them instruct how to proceed, anything otherwise may mess up your contract with them and your insurance license. You did what you could by placing the policy, unfortunately he did'nt live the 2 years and 1 day. The next time someone tell you to come back you can use this story to let them know you have a lot of people to catch before death reaches them. In this case you were 2 years late.:D

I wrote a policy last year on a lady that had insurance already with me. Here was the sequence. Wrote the application on 3/3/2014. She wanted the first draft on occur on 3/15/14. Policy approved. She died 3/9/14. The policy was dated march 15.

Her daughter asked me why it would not pay. Told her it was her Moms decision.
I use that story every time someone wants to post date the first draft.

Nice story but in fe out of every 10 people you sell how many can write a check on the spot? 1 if you're lucky

Back