Beware of This

only do their online app

It is better than it used to be.

Never ever do a paper app with anyone but especially H.

They LOVE to take "orphaned" policyholders in house. Can find all kinds of excuses to snake them away.

if a client has issues doing esig and call that number it becomes house account,

Oh yeah. They feel they have a RIGHT to take those folks since obviously the agent was no help.

It is better than it used to be.

Never ever do a paper app with anyone but especially H.

They LOVE to take "orphaned" policyholders in house. Can find all kinds of excuses to snake them away.

Oh yeah. They feel they have a RIGHT to take those folks since obviously, the agent was no help.

Only its tech issues, The time I mentioned they were having some kind of outage, It is listed as Tech assistance. Their system is very case sensitive too, Sometimes it is very hard to help them sign in The number is only for signing in on eapp

I haven't had an issue since then but I cringe every time someone says well I am not near a computer right now I can do it tonight or over the weekend

Wowza. Can't believe a co. would treat its agents like that. Every time I turn around there's something else to be aware of in this industry.
I'm almost done with Humana's certification process... I'm wondering now if I should even complete it or just rule them out as someone to do business with. I have zero tolerance for that kind of bs.

Wowza. Can't believe a co. would treat its agents like that. Every time I turn around there's something else to be aware of in this industry.
I'm almost done with Humana's certification process... I'm wondering now if I should even complete it or just rule them out as someone to do business with. I have zero tolerance for that kind of bs.

Because Careplus is pretty big here I have to have Humana. I haven’t had any issue if I do the online app but I do all F2F. Just follow up with your closed sales and you’ll be ok.
Unless Humana just sucks in your area, then don’t worry about it

You better gain some tolerance for that kind of bs. Or get out of the insurance biz.

But so many just loove Humana Thier friends have it, it has good extra many times $0 premium,,

Many downsides but try and explain that to them when they my friend Mary says they are just the best

But so many just loove Humana Thier friends have it, it has good extra many times $0 premium,,

I grew up in Knoxville, and it seems most of my friends have that Amana Gold plan and love it.

Well, one stopped loving it since his cancer diagnosis. Shuffled from one provider to the next. Lot's of copay's (and I believe a few %%).

I told him he might not like it if he ever needed to use it.

Bragged for 6 years about using his plan and it cost nothing.

Nothing is getting expensive.

Making matters worse, he is asking his sister and daughter to give him $$ to pay his bills.

[
I grew up in Knoxville, and it seems most of my friends have that Amana Gold plan and love it.

Well, one stopped loving it since his cancer diagnosis. Shuffled from one provider to the next. Lot's of copay's (and I believe a few %%).

I told him he might not like it if he ever needed to use it.

Bragged for 6 years about using his plan and it cost nothing.

Nothing is getting expensive.

Making matters worse, he is asking his sister and daughter to give him $$ to pay his bills.

The problem is Mary down the block has no health issues and praises Humana, Humana has a great benefit package, (keep in mind most of my buis is outside TN)

The problem with them is they are heavy with preauth and deny claims

What I do is tell the truth if they still want the plan I sell it, And many times I get to sell a better plan a year or 2 down the road

They also heavily promote their plans.

I actually have empathy for consumers trying to navigate the Medicare maze. Especially if they are doing it themselves. But there are also agents who are nothing more than peddlers and don't take the time to educate their clients.

Things like pre-approval and claim denial won't be noticed by consumer until AFTER the fact.

And only when they try and USE their plan like my friend.

One value of having a GOOD agent is this. We see hundreds or thousands of situations where the consumer has little to no exposure to how the plans actually work.

As with any insurance product, the real VALUE is how it performs at claim time. All the plans, even the cheap ones, are fantastic until you need them.

Back