Breaking: 2015 OE Extended to 2/15/15

"If their states allow it"

Interesting. Guess we are still waiting on a state by state answer. This is kind of stuff that makes me crazy. CNBC or Fox announces that you can keep your plan through October 2017 and then I am flooded by emails and questions that start with "I heard..."

BTW...why can't the OEP deadline be December 7th, just like Medicare? Or change Medicare to Dec 15h. Whatever. Just make them the same. Are we trying to make this more complicated for people to understand?

IMO, it would be best if Medicare AEP and ACA OEP had different enrollment periods. For Agents and Brokers to do both at the same time its nearly impossible.

1/1/ thru 3/31 would be ideal for ACA .. if they want robust enrollment they should do this.

----------

We get 30 more days to complete the impossible:

The administration also extended Obamacare's open enrollment for next year by a month—it now will run from Nov. 15, 2014, until Feb. 15, 2015—and gave insurers additional financial help to deal with costs from new ACA enrollees.

Feds give 2-year grace period for non-Obamacare plans

this is very good news.. well for me it is.

Joe

Yes, PA I like them separated, I know of at least 9 over 65 I lost to other agents in my office because I was out doing under 65 seminar's when not doing over 65 seminar's. I may have lost more and probably did, it was just too confusing going back and forth from one to another.

Back