Brighthouse hybrid?

Thanks Jack......never been an IUL fan personally. I'll certainly stick with the main players that I am used to.

If one wanted to contract with it......do you know what FMO's might offer it these days...or are they going direct. I was never able to find anyone or anyway to even get material on the plan when I tried last year.

Thanks Jack......never been an IUL fan personally. I'll certainly stick with the main players that I am used to.

If one wanted to contract with it......do you know what FMO's might offer it these days...or are they going direct. I was never able to find anyone or anyway to even get material on the plan when I tried last year.

I will email you the information, Herman.

IULs are confusing enough already, so let's throw in LTC riders, too. Won't touch it. Won't sell an IUL, either.

Well, Kerry, the big difference with SmartCare is unlike an IUL policy that could lapse without value, the SmartCare DB and Monthly LTC has a minimum floor guarantee. It’s problem lies in the hypothetical illustrated possibility of growth of the LTC Benefits, DB, CV. And the minimum floor is just OK, but not attractive as other guaranteed options will certainly be.

From a consumer oriented perspective, the Brighthouse SmartCare illustration is an absolute convoluted mess. For consumers that are not familiar with insurance industry jargon, just figuring out the guaranteed benefits will be challenging. I think Brighthouse will need to develop a future policy design like LFG, Pac, Nationwide, Securian if it wants to issue more premium.

Back