• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Broker's Advocate at White House:

Comp will go to $0 soon enough. My guess is 2017. When a carrier, such as BX, has 80% or more of the market they don't need brokers. Will probably maintain captive field force but brokers become superfluous at some point.

Comp will go to $0 soon enough. My guess is 2017. When a carrier, such as BX, has 80% or more of the market they don't need brokers. Will probably maintain captive field force but brokers become superfluous at some point.

What u talkin bout Somarco? HHS is working hard to increase the number of insurers and plans in the marketplaces going forward...not the other way around.

Here's Proof: HHS chief touts ties with private insurers | TheHill
ac

It is a good idea to have numerous streams of income in insurance: I cannot believe I originally got my insurance license for the 'stability'. This is the most unstable industry on planet Earth.:D:D

Who in the world is going to start a business selling insurance where they can only sell their product 60 days out of the year? And all the tax ramifications? 20% + increases? Most of the friends I had who were employed at carriers on w2 are now without jobs

----------

One of my UHC groups getting audited and they threatening to cancel the group if the CPA doesn't send in all the documentation.... UHC is holding off on the renewal... Its a bunch of restaurants I don't think UHC will get what they want ...the family coverage is $2000 mo for a family of 6.
Now just a bunch of part timers in the organization.
So probably UHC will be losing some more premium. I seem to remember the family of 6 being like 1200 or 1300 the month back in the day. I'm holding my breath affordable health care is on the way!. That's funny the HHS just blaming insurance companies in that article.
And it's interesting how all of them have their own health insurance paid by the government hey no worries...

CA is taking a step to protect brokers......kind of

Health agent contract bill: What to know | LifeHealthPro

Good. It is a 'step'. California usually takes the lead and Texas usually follows. I'm not sure in this instance, though. Texas does not even have their own exchange and sent back the Federal money to beef up Medicaid.

I like the 'at least' 120-day notice. That is one of my arguments right now: no notice at all. It is as if there is no regard for us at all.

What u talkin bout Somarco? HHS is working hard to increase the number of insurers and plans in the marketplaces going forward...not the other way around.

Well, they haven't done very well so far, have they? Many regional carriers are no longer around. ACO's and co-ops have had their issues.

Can you name a new carrier that has stepped up to the plate or expanded into other states?

Assurant is already in flames, it just hasn't crashed yet.

Cigna, Aetna and UHC will be focusing more on Medicare going forward.

Humana seems committed, at least in a few states but don't know how long they will hold on.

In the second year of ObamaCare, 25 percent more insurers took part in the marketplace.

Really?

Where?

Good. It is a 'step'. California usually takes the lead and Texas usually follows. I'm not sure in this instance, though. Texas does not even have their own exchange and sent back the Federal money to beef up Medicaid.

I like the 'at least' 120-day notice. That is one of my arguments right now: no notice at all. It is as if there is no regard for us at all.

This is meaningless. Next year it's unlikely that there will be much in the way of commissions. They'll just start the year paying crap.

Rick

This is meaningless. Next year it's unlikely that there will be much in the way of commissions. They'll just start the year paying crap.

Rick

I see that possibility; yes. I am prepared to 'watch my back' as has always been the case in insurance of any kind, unfortunately. This is not a trustworthy industry. I would not get my license 'again' if I had it to do over.

I see that possibility; yes. I am prepared to 'watch my back' as has always been the case in insurance of any kind, unfortunately. This is not a trustworthy industry. I would not get my license 'again' if I had it to do over.

Nothing forces you to sell health insurance. As soon as we (meaning idiots) elected Obummer I stopped soliciting health. I focused almost entirely on Medicare and am very happy I did that.

One day Medicare plans will be history and I'll move onto something else.

If you're an insurance agent you have options. If you are a "health insurance agent" you're going to be screwed.

Rick

Back