Calling for Appointments

I'm calling for appointments for my DM leads. Only reason I'm calling is because I can't seem to find some folks home or they are in an apt. building and I have to be let in. I've run into a few calls today that the person on the lead card only wants a quote on the phone, they don't let people into their house etc. I don't give quotes on the phone, and I only call to set an appointment. I know better than to get into a presentation and try to sell on the phone. How do some of the more experienced agents handle this objection?? Do you go ahead and give a price or mail them info? Another objection I've run into today is "call back next week".

Try saying: I wish I could but I need to show it to you, it will just take 10 quick minutes and you be the judge.

If they ask about price, my newest line is "If this isn't exactly what your looking for, there will be no cost whatsoever"

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

I tell them that I would love to give them a quote over the phone, but because of the federal privacy laws, I'm not allowed to ask certain questions over the phone, so I have to see you in person.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, then I turned myself around

Try saying: I wish I could but I need to show it to you, it will just take 10 quick minutes and you be the judge. If they ask about price, my newest line is "If this isn't exactly what your looking for, there will be no cost whatsoever" Sent from my iPhone using InsForums
That is really good stuff. I will try those for sure. Ty

Sold a decent FE policy yesterday at McDonald's...the lady
was in the midst of some home repairs and wanted to meet
there.

I've had moderate success meeting at diners, fast food and the like.
However, I've been stood up as well...but its worth the risk!!!

When they want a quote over the phone, lately I've been saying "Well, that would save me lots of fuel, but as you can imagine, they do require that I see the whites of your eyes then I laugh and say why don't we do (whatever time) and what you do with it after that is up to you. Fair enough?

It's very rare now that they wiggle away. The ones that do, I don't want to fool with anyway.

I sold 1 in Dunkins, another in Starbucks, a couple more on a park bench.

also got stood up couple of times in Dunkin, but that happens enough in homes as well.

""Well, that would save me lots of fuel, but as you can imagine, they do require that I see the whites of your eyes"
Most of the time, when you arrive, their eyes are bloodshot red. These folks sleep 24/7.

When they want a quote over the phone, lately I've been saying "Well, that would save me lots of fuel, but as you can imagine, they do require that I see the whites of your eyes then I laugh and say why don't we do (whatever time) and what you do with it after that is up to you. Fair enough?

It's very rare now that they wiggle away. The ones that do, I don't want to fool with anyway.

I like it...I like it a lot...

Note an FE agent. Do not normally run DM leads, do not buy leads so no skin in the game on the leads I run.

I not only quote them by phone I quote them by email and text before I go see them. I do not drive or get dressed in big boy pants for free.

Back