Calling on Experience

westcoast

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
you guys that have thousands of posts on here, I need your help. I have very little experience in insurance. i am a convert from trad.wirehouses, I have this feeling that I'm going around in circles trying to figure out what products to offer. what companies to sell. I have been at a sales marketing org. meeting all day that I liked and as soon as I look them up on here it's negativity calling them a one trick pony, thieves, etc. But I've talked to people that are happy there and they seem honest. then guys go back and forth. Then I see there are situations like brokersalliance, seems interesting and convenient but what would you do with all of these companies. How would you know which to sell. Honestly I like the idea of learning one or two products well like indexed univ. life and going with it. agghhh, Thanks for any advice.

If you go with a life company you will have to sell all kinds of products. You will do life, health, LTC etc. Since you will cater to what the client needs.

Most big life companies offer those products. Like NY life mass mutual.

If you had success at a wirehouse, you will have success at an insurance company without much knowledge. Prospects don't buy products or services. They buy you if they like you and think you're trustworthy (but I'm sure you know that already).

i have talked to brokers alliance, they seem like good people, they got right back to me. I also have talked to federal financial. i see a lot of negativity on here about them but I have also seen guys that are making money there. they are a mktg comp. that do provide leads. they mainly offer aviva products.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
by the way, thank you guys that do respond

Last edited:
Here's the deal, there is no such thing as wasted time when it comes to these things. What you learn in experience from any of these companies is invaluable, provided you actually pay attention to the lesson.

What did you do at the wirehouse? Oddly, lots of times "wirehouse" people didn't do a lot of prospecting, they just handled transactions.

It's certainly wise to learn about the given product types and their specific applications. Then you have to choose which is best for the clients specific need, that's where having access to multiple carriers increases your value proposition to the clients. In essence, offering them the best value for what they need not just what a given company offers. Also find a reputable outlet that is experienced in the product lines you will sell, whether it's Indexed UL, VUL or COLI.

Back