Can I Get Some FeedBack on My Cold Call Script

Re: Can I Get Some Feed Back on My Cold Call Script

Sounds better but do you have some stats on rate increases for yourself and competitors that you can throw in there instead of new insurance packages and owner qualifying. Money talks. My ears would perk up if you told me we haven't had a rate increase in X months compared to most others who have had a 8% increase. Or show your increase is smaller. Most likely they're going to presume they will get good service anywhere they go...think savings is a bigger issue. My two cents...

I agree and disagree with people thinking they are going to get good service. If it was all about the price, then BOR letters would not be a major way to get new business. And some people don't care about the price and will go with companies they trust and had a good experience with them. Travelers might be 7% higher than The Hartford but if the client has his personal home and auto with Travelers and they provided him excellent claims service, he probably won't move to The Hartford.

Just have more than one reason to make you the agent. You literally have to sell YOURSELF because sometimes the companies are already at the best fit.

A really good book that addresses value vs product over the phone is SNAP selling by Jill Konrath. It is basically about being valuable to a customer to increase sales. I think a lot of people tend to skip over that and put all the emphasis on their product, but really the delivery of the product or service is the key.

Kirby Vacume $1,300
Retail location sales: 0 units
Inside home sales: hundreds a day

Why?: its the way a product or service is moved, Kirby doesn't make sense when you see inside Walmart, the second the college kid shows you what kind of dirt is on the bed your wife and kids are in, all of a sudden the thinking is reversed.

If people just wanted the best product for money we would have used beta max.

Good point NC...even if they presume good service you have to give customer service. If you don't...they're gone. Valid point.

I think you'll let little hassle with your secretaries. If insurances expire it can have a direct impact on them. It's a great way to sound as if you already established a report in the past.

Also, would you be better served establishing an appointment or gaining the information over the phone? I personally would rather sell by phone via I hate driving but perhaps if you shoot for an appointment and the ask the questions in order to provide the quote you will be in a face to face selling situation making it harder to say no.

Just a few thoughts....

Personally, I wouldn't like to the secretary. However, I would sound like I belong.

Something like "this is NC calling for John." I get the question why I'm calling. "I'm calling about the business insurance for renewal, it's that time of year again" and leave it at that. Don't try to sell, she can't make the decision but she can take it on herself to think you aren't worthy of the almighty owner. She shouldn't be asking a lot of stuff.

It can be a two-pronged attack. If you call and don't know anything, get the owner name and some information and then call a week or two later. They aren't going to know your voice like that unless you sound like Gilbert Gottfried.

would Someone Share A Script To Decision Maker Or Business Owner (cold Call) For Employee Benefits, On The Phone And At The(office) Door. To Get Pass The Door Keeper ?

There are tons, but they generally fall into three categories. (Yes, there are exceptions-I'm generalizing here)
1. The trick play. Some people attempt to mislead the gatekeeper into putting them through to the decision maker.
2. The familiarity approach. If you act like you're supposed to be calling (asking for people by first name, etc.) you'll have some success.
3. Turning the gatekeeper into an ally. Basically, you ask the gatekeeper for help getting in touch with the right person.

#3 is the feel-good option, but I can't speak to results. I haven't been in the business long enough to amass a large enough number of attempts to say what does and doesn't work for me yet.

There are tons, but they generally fall into three categories. (Yes, there are exceptions-I'm generalizing here)
1. The trick play. Some people attempt to mislead the gatekeeper into putting them through to the decision maker.
2. The familiarity approach. If you act like you're supposed to be calling (asking for people by first name, etc.) you'll have some success.
3. Turning the gatekeeper into an ally. Basically, you ask the gatekeeper for help getting in touch with the right person.

#3 is the feel-good option, but I can't speak to results. I haven't been in the business long enough to amass a large enough number of attempts to say what does and doesn't work for me yet.

You forgot #4.

#4: Tell the gatekeeper than you have the decision maker's son/daughter held captive and give her 90 seconds to put him on the phone.

When he picks up in a frantic state just say, "Hey, are you happy with your current insurance?"

Back