Can I sell Medicare if I'm already with a brokerage?

Dumbledood

Expert
Currently with a brokerage that mainly only does Life Insurance, I was wondering if I get my health license can I contract with someone else to sell medicare?

Ok cool, I mentioned it to a higher up guy at my brokerage, he basically gave me the run around lol, said he prefers just FE for a lot of reasons. So based off that I knew I'd have to come somewhere else for insight into selling Medicare. So basically you could be contracted with multiple IMOs for whatever reason, and that doesn't conflict with anything?

Ok cool, I mentioned it to a higher up guy at my brokerage, he basically gave me the run around lol, said he prefers just FE for a lot of reasons. So based off that I knew I'd have to come somewhere else for insight into selling Medicare. So basically you could be contracted with multiple IMOs for whatever reason, and that doesn't conflict with anything?
Well I'm new also, but from what I've gathered is it would only conflict if you were trying to get multiple appointments with the same insurance company through different imos. But where as you're talking completely different field theres really no problem. You could even get another imo to get appointed with other insurers offering what you're already selling too

Well I'm new also, but from what I've gathered is it would only conflict if you were trying to get multiple appointments with the same insurance company through different imos. But where as you're talking completely different field theres really no problem. You could even get another imo to get appointed with other insurers offering what you're already selling too

Oh wow I had no idea, it just feels weird for me to ask here, there's a strong sense of camaraderie at this brokerage, so I don't want to be like "hey, if I want to sell medicare through another IMO is that cool?" lol. I mean, I may be able to sell medicare here? But if that's the case they're not informing me. I get the feeling that the people above me don't get a cut when I sell medicare? So that could be a factor (not even sure if that's true, still learning about medicare).

Oh wow I had no idea, it just feels weird for me to ask here, there's a strong sense of camaraderie at this brokerage, so I don't want to be like "hey, if I want to sell medicare through another IMO is that cool?" lol. I mean, I may be able to sell medicare here? But if that's the case they're not informing me. I get the feeling that the people above me don't get a cut when I sell medicare? So that could be a factor (not even sure if that's true, still learning about medicare).
I think the general advice on the forum for such thing is to basically master what you're doing and then you can expand into another thing one at a time. Just some tidbit I've gathered from reading alot here

I think the general advice on the forum for such thing is to basically master what you're doing and then you can expand into another thing one at a time. Just some tidbit I've gathered from reading alot here

Yea for sure, I don't plan on diving right into medicare, but I without a doubt want to at some point because I feel like it's a great opportunity just sitting there for the taking, so I really want to learn alot about it in the meantime.

Currently with a brokerage that mainly only does Life Insurance, I was wondering if I get my health license can I contract with someone else to sell medicare?

If you are a captive agent, you probably can not sell outside of what products the agency distributes. You are part of a club that tells you what to sell so they get a cut, and don't want you distracted.

If you are independent agent, you can sell what you want, and just use an agency as access to contracts, education, etc.

Waiting to do Medicare is a mistake. Medicare is bought daily by the thousands, FE or life must be sold.

Don't bounce around products until you find the right one. Figure out what you believe in, the market dynamics, longevity, and biz model....and hit it.

ACA and Medicare have been my best combo.

If you are a captive agent, you probably can not sell outside of what products the agency distributes. You are part of a club that tells you what to sell so they get a cut, and don't want you distracted.

If you are independent agent, you can sell what you want, and just use an agency as access to contracts, education, etc.

Waiting to do Medicare is a mistake. Medicare is bought daily by the thousands, FE or life must be sold.

Don't bounce around products until you find the right one. Figure out what you believe in, the market dynamics, longevity, and biz model....and hit it.

ACA and Medicare have been my best combo.

Thanks for the advice, so I work with a brokerage, contracted with insurance carriers, so I am independent (I think). Like you implied, now is the time to get into medicare lol. I came to this conclusion the other day, I just feel like I could be more successful with medicare, like you said FE has to be sold....really sold.

Back