Can Someone Tell Me if I'm Being Lied to

If I were in your position with a lucrative income I would have to have a 'show me' attitude. There are many agents and/or companies that are all about recruiting. They make an override off of you and are too aggressive with the recruiting. Many of them write very little business and just recruit.

If you are intrigued just ask him for a sit-down meeting to go over some numbers ... and make him show you. Yes, there are many liars in this business.

There's a WFG guy that I quit even answering the phone when he calls. He always has some business he wants to send my way and let's meet here/there/everywhere, and it ends up being about recruiting. He is a time waster.

These people annoy me.

It is absolutely possible that he is telling you the truth, but the much more important question to ask is can you do it? You could learn every so called "trick" from a very successful insurance agent and that style just might not be yours. If this is the case, attempting to mimmic this individual to replicate his results will prove useless.

There is no way to say if you could earn this sort of income in insurance, but given the extremely limited amount of information provided so far I'd suggest you are coming at it from all the wrong angles and that's got future regret written all over it.

The money you can make, while nice I assure you, cannot be the primary motivator. This is an extremely difficult and trying industry and money alone will not give you staying power. Current technology being what it is, you can make the kind of money you are talking about doing just about anything provided you are willing to work and have a passion towards it.

If you are primarily interested because of the money you think you can make, you will have extremely high highs and extremely and probably career ending lows.

As someone who watched a lot of people enter the industry, put together their vision boards, talk about all the nice things they wanted to buy, and then hand in their letter of recognition a few weeks later, I can promise you this job sucks if you do it mostly for the money.

"...One of my good friends from college has been after me about selling insurance with him or something...."
This sounds like he's recruiting you so he probably makes a good amount of his pay from his "downline".

Back