Can writing to Congress make a difference in our selling PFFS Plans

honestagent

Guru
100+ Post Club
Okay so we know bad news sells, but how about good news? Every once in a while, good news sells too, I feel. See the article below. What do you think? Would writing to them make a difference in the media? How many people would have to write? And further, I'm thinking if more people (non agents) wrote, a better impact could be made. Is this a losing ideal crusade or what?>?!

http://image.exct.net/members/22799/BillDaly-FieldLetter.pdf

P.S. I could not copy, nor cut and paste the file sent to me. I hope you guys can open what I received.

Humana is doing that. They are collecting letters from their members to say how they like their plans.

I do believe that they have already set the capitation fees for 2008, since they need to give the carriers time to design the plans and get them approved by CMS.

I hope they go away. The renewal commission sucks and the companies are making BIG $$$$ and only giving us little$$$$. Most o the plans aren't much better than original medicare anyway.

Hey Midwest, I commend Humana for doing what they're doing. They are the only or one of the few carriers I have heard of that have truly spent much time and money in marketing and I give them so much credit for that. Do you feel their gold plan or know if their gold plan (MAPD) is coming back strong for next year since it was so horrendous this year? I also heard they're going to have an MA only b/c they missed out on LOEP this year. I heard BCBS is coming out with an MA only b/c they missed out this year too.

Hey Senior, I agree. These greedy tards are really jacking us all up right now and it's extremely disappointing considering the $$$$ amount they attain per member and they don't have things structured in place. And we're the ones making it all happen and I'm tired of the bull they give us too. If it weren't for us, you know, where would they be>? There is no way they would attain the # of enrollees on their own if agents weren't out there and they treat us like crap!!! ?????

In my opinion, next year's just going to be harder to work with more ball players coming into the game.

Get ready for far more service work!!!!! I'll say this though. United Health has really got their shat together! Hope their bennies are attractive for next year! Word on the street is their suppose to be one of thee major players or player with a huge comeback! guess we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:
From what I understand, Humana has no interest in the MA only market.

The reason for this is they have no idea what meds the client is on. If a client is taking chronic meds, Humana will ask CMS for more money since the client has special needs. Kinda slick on their part.

They will not go away next year. They have been standardized for over 10 years (1997 in the balance budget act) and we around prior to that.

From what I understand, Humana has no interest in the MA only market.

The reason for this is they have no idea what meds the client is on. If a client is taking chronic meds, Humana will ask CMS for more money since the client has special needs. Kinda slick on their part.

They will not go away next year. They have been standardized for over 10 years (1997 in the balance budget act) and we around prior to that.

Who or what will not go away next year? I was curious to know if you were told or think they'll be coming back strong next year on their Gold Plan since they lost a lot this year? I was told they may have an MA only but you would know more. I'm not sure I understand your post. Would you please ellaborate more when you get a convenient moment? I thank you kindly.

Now, Senior, listen up! You cracked me up with your remark on United and hoping they'd sink! :laugh:

Okay so you know they suck on renewals.. most of them do but guess what. You, I and everyone else know that's going to create more headaches and work for us to flip and service, okay. And if you don't someobody else will so you mind as well keep your people happy if they cannot afford a med sup. With the continuous changes and deceptive acts of other agents, even if the renewals were more attractive, I know many folks would change out of being duped, pressured, or ignorant to something. Case in point: Start shopping now for a reputable FMO (yea.. right :goofy: ) and get yourself the top dollar contract that you're able to so you rather than somebody else can get the bz. Btw, United's top dollare MGA contract is $485.00 this year I learned and you do not have to have any agents under you to get this contract; but you have to find an fmo who is willing to give you that deal. If you find one, let me know please.

Last edited:
I was talking about MA's in general.

I like being able to offer both, MA's and supplements.

Why not? Who am I to say what they client should buy? It is my duty as an insurance agent to explain what is out there.

I sell more MA's then supplements, but then again, I am in a MA mature market.

Renewals are so-so, but it is better then loosing the sale to someone else.

I agree; we should explain both and advise accordingly; so Midwest, do you happen to know if Humana is coming out with an MA only plan for next year?

From what I have been told, they will not offer an MA only plan.

Reason is that Humana tracks the drug use of its members. If it feels that a member is a higher risk to insure based on medication, they will go to CMS for additional funding on those cases.

With an MA only plan, they could not do so.

At least that was the answer I was given when I asked why.

Back