Captive Medicare Advantage Agent Salary

It really depends what type of captive agent you are looking at. If you are looking a med supp, or looking to go to work for Humana, UHC, Aetna to sell MAPD as career agent. You could also work in a call center working for a national or regional broker, lots of potential answers to your questions. Can you be more specific.

This is for a Captive agent that will hit the streets

What do you mean by "hit the streets"? I certainly don't hope you are talking about cold door knocking!

Why do I say this? Well, unless your upline is supplying free leads to you, then you don't need to be captive. Even then, being captive is one of the least desirable things an agent really wants. You usually end on the side of being screwed!

I made $6500.00 the 1st year as an independent agent. I imagine captive may pay you a salary the 1st year or two but I wouldn't trade that for my current income as an independent agent after 20 years.

So Todd, how much would a captive agent's salary be.? I am trying to get an ideal if this position is offered to me, what should I request?

No, it will not be door knocking...It will include following up on Leads, holding Sales and Marketing events if needed. Mainly, performing the job duties of a Captive agent is what it would involve.

So Todd, how much would a captive agent's salary be.? I am trying to get an ideal if this position is offered to me, what should I request?

No, it will not be door knocking...It will include following up on Leads, holding Sales and Marketing events if needed. Mainly, performing the job duties of a Captive agent is what it would involve.

I can't say what they might be offering, but many times it's about 1/2 or less of what you could be making as an independent agent. Also, remember that captive agents don't have a book of business they own, they just service those for the real owners, your upline.

Back