• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

CHAMP VA As Secondary Insurer

hillaryallen01

I need help figuring out my mom's insurance needs. My question is: if CHAMP VA is secondary insurer, will they pay for services at any provider in the primary insurer's network (in this case MODA)? Or... is it limited to the very limited CHAMP VA network? There's literally one MD provider in our town.

Mom has CHAMP VA as secondary insurer but has not used it yet so it's uncharted ground for us. Right now she has awesome but very expensive coverage with Providence. We're looking at changing in open enrollment in November to MODA with higher deductible and co-pays because when I talked to the CHAMP VA rep it sounded like they will cover her deductible and co-pays.

I'm worried though, since she hasn't ever used CHAMP VA, that there's some sort of loop-hole I'm missing. Does anyone know how this actually works? Will they actually pay the deductible and co-pays as long as she follows the MODA rule?

Thanks for any help/guidance!

I posted this in the Individual Health Insurance forum but I think this is probably a more appropriate spot for my question...

I need help figuring out my mom's insurance needs. My question is: if CHAMP VA is secondary insurer, will they pay for services at any provider in the primary insurer's network (in this case MODA)? Or... is it limited to the very limited CHAMP VA network? There's literally one MD provider in our town.

Mom has CHAMP VA as secondary insurer but has not used it yet so it's uncharted ground for us. Right now she has awesome but very expensive coverage with Providence. We're looking at changing in open enrollment in November to MODA with higher deductible and co-pays because when I talked to the CHAMP VA rep it sounded like they will cover her deductible and co-pays.

I'm worried though, since she hasn't ever used CHAMP VA, that there's some sort of loop-hole I'm missing. Does anyone know how this actually works? Will they actually pay the deductible and co-pays as long as she follows the MODA rule?

Thanks for any help/guidance!

Back