Hello goillini52. Thanks for reaching out. I have always found this word to be a fun, light- hearted word and enjoy tea a lot (but only good tasting, clean tea. ;-)) How long have you been in this industry? Do you enjoy it? It would be great to hear your views. Warmly, Colleen
Welcome to the Forum. :)

I've been in the industry around 38 years and I love it. Love the freedom.:yes:

Yeah, that sounds good, but then look at how hard life agents are fighting to get appointments.

In my state, and likely all states, pretty much the only successful commercial agents are brokers. There are a few successful captive agents that are allowed to broker under old contracts, which basically makes them brokers. Yes, I am a broker.

The overwhelming consensus on this site is that independent is the way to go.
I completely agree with you on your points and in particular about how hard life agents are fighting to get appointments. I have my suspicions as to some core reasons why this would be, but I would love to hear what you feel is the core reason(s) for this hardship seeing you have a ton more hands on experience than I?

Welcome to the Forum. :)

I've been in the industry around 38 years and I love it. Love the freedom.:yes:
Hello Goillini52! Thanks very much for the warm welcome! Wow - 38 years, that's crazy impressive - especially when you are still loving it! I would love to have some chats with you about your viewpoints, hardships and recommendations to help me grow and learn in this industry. I am quickly finding that its a gigantic webbed industry and can be overwhelming at times. Thanks a million!

Sort of like shaving, taking out the garbage, or cleaning the litter box. (I do not do the latter.)

Human nature is to put off today what "can" be done tomorrow. :yes:

Yet life is a funny thing... it promises no tomorrow and few corpse feel the need to sign paper work, much like they often feel before they are in that horizontal condition. Those of us who attempt to inform the living of the ever present danger of this condition called "death", are often confronted by very stubborn individuals who though do not agree with the prospects of meeting their maker, they prefer to do so financially unprepared. Thus the wisdom of moment is to wait until the next moment, of which one is left without guarantee.:no:

Each of us has whole to fill... the question is do we pay for it now, or leave it for others to pay for it to be dug later, leaving our "grunge" or others? :wideeyed:

Nicely said Life Hawk! I would be also concerned that when a person does come to the point of deciding to get insurance, that they even know what they have signed (no fault of the agent/broker) but rather a underlying 'habit' that I have noticed over the years whereby people sign quickly to 'get r done' so to speak, and then not really know what their policy actually has told them. Then it gets tucked away in a filing cabinet forgotten until that dreadful day of claim time. I'm of the nature that you are responsible for your own business affairs and as such owe it to your family to ensure to properly take care of them so that they don't have to deal with mess.

Back