Choices

I am checking out AFLAC and they are 100% commission and make you pay for the testing and licensing yourself. Gives me reason to explore other avenues as well.

I am checking out AFLAC and they are 100% commission and make you pay for the testing and licensing yourself. Gives me reason to explore other avenues as well.

There are plenty of reasons not to go with aflac. The 2 reasons you listed are not among them.
If you want to be in this business, you live on what you sell.

So I've been contacted by Northwestern Mutual, Farmers, and State Farm for a position. Any advice on the pros and cons of each. I'm brand new to the ins world and would like to choose the option that will teach me the most.

being an insurance agent is not a "position".

it's the hardest working job you'll ever have, if you want to succeed at it.

For my first 5 years in this business I worked 50 hours per week selling insurance and another 30 hours per week delivering pizzas. no joke.

the first 5 years in this business you are grossly underpaid.
after that you tend to be overpaid.

go with Farmers.

A companies willingness to pay for your licensing should be the last concern when choosing which company to go with. Your priorities are all screwed up

I'm new to the business also licensed almost 2 years. I'm thinking about contracting with Superior Access and have no interest in working for an agency. Is it legal to work from home to build a book prior to opening an agency? Licensed in P&C.

Last edited:
I'm new to the business also licensed almost 2 years. I'm thinking about contracting with Superior Access and have no interest in working for an agency. Is it legal to work from home to build a book prior to opening an agency? Licensed in P&C.

Not as long as Superior Access allows it. I doubt that LA has any law on it.

Not as long as Superior Access allows it. I doubt that LA has any law on it.

I really want to give it a try. SA has several carriers I'm familar with and all I have to do is submit a W9 with fees of course. I'm a little confused about how that will work out at years end with 1099. I even contacted Coastal Plan and explained I do not have an agency and was informed I could apply as an individual. Same thing fill out the application, submit proof of E&O and fill out W9.

Thanks Guru, I've read several of your post and you are a Guru!!

Back