Cigna Pdp Calling My Clients

Have had it happen with Loyal American/Continental General. I personally feel it it is MORALLY WRONG. However, you get to arguing with the insurance companies about it and say they are replacing your business, and , they come back and say no, it's our business. Not real good for reputation.

Whose reputation? You find them a highly profitable client and they steal them? Cutting you out as AOR on future potential sales is not their business.

Last edited:
I have become very cynical of these insurance co's and don't trust any of them. Yes they are transistioning to eliminate all health insurance agents ...have you tried to do a 3-way call with some of them. They do not want the agent on the line.....

This medicare market will get more intense and competitive in the next few years. you ain't seen nuthin' yet.;

Seems to be a pattern here. Similar allegations have been levied on this forum against Humana.

Add Universal American to that list. As of 2010 they were using CCRx client list to solicit Medicare Advantage plans, supplements, and final expense. I even had them cold call a client of mine while I was sitting at the person's kitchen table.

It's wrong but that's how it is in this business. The carriers would cut the throats of the agents if they could.

And, they will tell you straight up that they are not your clients, they are "their's".

Agreed. The carriers will usually take every inch they can. For the few of us out here that actually develope relationships with our customers, we're mostly immune from losing clients this way. When our clients understand that we are there looking after their best interest year in and year out, they will call us first instead of responding to these shady solicitations. They will understand that we are the fist ones to turn to for help, not the carriers.

Where the carriers find opportunities are with the customers of the other bunch of agents. These are the ones just looking for the sale, not interested in servicing their customers, and frequently out of business within a year. You'd be surprised how many of them are out there. In these cases the customer really is the customer of the carrier, since their agent is nowhere to be found.

VolAgent said:
Seriously? I could go for some Cognac Med Supps. It ought to help you forget all your worries.

Dam so called smart phone....Seriously if I don't pay attention to the fact that its highlighting the third option it changes the word after I have moved on....If I ever meet the guy who came up with the autocorrect I just might go postal on him/her.

(The above was frustration and is in no way a public statement confining violence)

Back