Cigna Renewals just paid out!

Lol renewals were paid out weeks ago with most carriers. If your new in the business don’t spend that check too fast. I’ve replaced 32 already in last 4 weeks and 3 days and most were new in Jan 1st so chargebacks coming.

Make sure you're checking your commission checks. Cigna shorted me 5 cases on the renewal check!

Got my renewals from Cigna. They are the last company to pay a renewal this year. I didn’t save any lives though.

You must not deal with Blue Cross, thankfully for you. Their payment motto must be “Eh, we’ll get it to you when we feel like it.” They’re one of the only carriers I know that still pays monthly (not weekly or biweekly), and you don’t get MAPD renewals until the end of February.

You must not deal with Blue Cross, thankfully for you. Their payment motto must be “Eh, we’ll get it to you when we feel like it.” They’re one of the only carriers I know that still pays monthly (not weekly or biweekly), and you don’t get MAPD renewals until the end of February.

I have a handful of MAPD clients with Anthem Blue Cross. They pay the first week of February on renewals.

Quite honestly, I don’t mind carriers paying once per month. Makes it easier to reconcile at the end of the year. At least for me it does. New Era/Philadelphia American pays twice per week on Med Supp commissions. It’s a real PITA trying to find missed transactions when trying to reconcile the 1099 with Quickbooks.

I have a handful of MAPD clients with Anthem Blue Cross. They pay the first week of February on renewals.

Quite honestly, I don’t mind carriers paying once per month. Makes it easier to reconcile at the end of the year. At least for me it does. New Era/Philadelphia American pays twice per week on Med Supp commissions. It’s a real PITA trying to find missed transactions when trying to reconcile the 1099 with Quickbooks.

!00% this Also I hate irregularities, For instance when UHC paid upfront if I remember 3 months last year then not for 3 months

Consistency is what attracted me to long term residuals

Once a month make it 100% easier to track

Hmm. Haven’t tracked my commissions in years. I could have my assistant do it but I wouldn’t even know where to start.

Got a cal from the local cigna rep

“Oh we accidentally paid you an extra $1500 from lapses and deaths”

“Umm sounds like your error not mine”
::click::

I remember getting an email from Cigna mentioning a system update and that commission will be paid in a lump sum. It's similar to how UHC paid for a couple of months last year. Cigna paid a full year renewal instead of a couple months like UHC. Thanks I will take a full year instead of monthly.

Last edited:

Funny that you mention this. I could have sworn that one of the names on the list had term'd as of 1-1-21 thanks to the bogus SEP-Disaster that they sprung up on us here in Texas.

I didn’t know you sold med advanatage ? Since when? Every fe agent on earth selling it, A big regional director told me complaints going threw the roof with fe agents selling it. She said most are not checking drugs or dr’s. A free for all coming.

Back