Client telephones. Cellphone only?

Tons of high income older people still have land lines . Once they had that # (well 30 years) all their life and 10’s of people have it they can’t give it up .
I am not a high income people. I may be older people. I am questioning the wisdom of that line of thought.

If they keep the landline, its for telemarketers and salespeople.

My son has been after me for some time to drop the landline and be an additional user on his cellphone plan. I just had a problem with the phone line, required a tech. My son got me access to the online ATT account for us so I could test the phone and place the service request.

There is a three month call record in the account information pages. There may be one or two other things, but basically in three months I used the phone to call Medical and Dental providers and receive calls from "unavailable" phone numbers, most of which were probably telemarketers and sales people.

ATT is bringing in fiber here. There are 3 residential plans. A CNET review of ATT fiber says all three plans come with unlimited data.

My ATT landline is $30.99 per month. The first 12 month promotional price of ATT Fiber 300 (the lowest plan) is $35 per month plus an equipment charge. That is also cheaper than the current copper line charge (with a data limit).

Other than being a cantankerous and unreasonable old fart that does not like change, I am now hard pressed to offer any defense of continuing to keep the landline.

My son has been after me for some time to drop the landline and be an additional user on his cellphone plan. I just had a problem with the phone line, required a tech. My son got me access to the online ATT account for us so I could test the phone and place the service request.

There is a three month call record in the account information pages. There may be one or two other things, but basically in three months I used the phone to call Medical and Dental providers and receive calls from "unavailable" phone numbers, most of which were probably telemarketers and sales people.

ATT is bringing in fiber here. There are 3 residential plans. A CNET review of ATT fiber says all three plans come with unlimited data.

My ATT landline is $30.99 per month. The first 12 month promotional price of ATT Fiber 300 (the lowest plan) is $35 per month plus an equipment charge. That is also cheaper than the current copper line charge (with a data limit).

Other than being a cantankerous and unreasonable old fart that does not like change, I am now hard pressed to offer any defense of continuing to keep the landline.
With a cell phone you've always got your phone with you, a computer, phone book, answering machine, camera, video recorder, photo album, T.V., clock, alarm clock, stop watch, calculator, YouTube, radio, encyclopedias(Google), calendar, translator, GPS, maps, flashlight, filing cabinet and you can even take your office with you. You can go on and on. There're a lot of things these phones can do that I don't even know how to do. :yes:

Back