Cloud Vs Running a Server

AlexB

I'm a start up and am trying to save money. For my agency management system is it worth paying the extra money for cloud?

Also what can I google for information on hosting it all in house? I'm fairly technologically impaired.

Thanks!
Alex

It's extremely unlikely that you need to actually have your own server.

What are you trying to accomplish?

I highly recommend GoogleApps, man. Most webhosting, data storage, and email management can be done easily with their tools

You should find someone that knows what they're doing, and ask them to help you for money.

It's like you're shopping for a car, but you've never driven one before and have no idea how they work.

It's extremely unlikely that you need to actually have your own server.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Instead of renting my agency management system and accessing it via cloud and having them store all the data, I was told a second option is buying it for more money and storing the data myself somehow.

What companies would do something like this? I'm not even sure how to google it.

What types of companies are in this line of work? I honestly have no clue.

How it was explained to me was I would own my copy of the agency software, and would store all the data/contacts myself.

companies wont download to your system, you have to have a management system that carriers download too.

If a client calls into directly to the company, you wont know it, but if you got downloads, you would the next day,

Dont be so cheap.

I highly recommend GoogleApps, man. Most webhosting, data storage, and email management can be done easily with their tools

Do not store documents that contain PHI on Google Drive or in their apps - Google is not HIPAA compliant storage.

for data storage, I use sosbackuponline.com
They are HIPAA compliant. I think they are less expensive and offer better options than the two big name companies in online storage space. PC magazine ranked them higher also. Good luck.

Back