Clusters that have Life, P&C, and Securities appointments

liz5472

Looking to start independent agency from scratch. I want to be able to get appointments with life and P&C carriers. Would also like to know if clusters also have broker dealer appointment availability. I’m fully licensed.

I cannot speak to the Broker Dealer Side, as I have not registered. However I am not certain that looking for ONE cluster to do the P&C Side and the Life Side together necessarily makes good sense. I challenge that assumption. It might make sense, but why limit yourself to it?

Thank you. I don’t have any experience with clusters. I just assumed that I’d save money by trying to find one that has it all. Maybe I assumed wrong. I am in RI and Mass. any suggestions?

Life and P&C are so different sometimes its hard to imagine that they are connected in any ways.

Getting appointed with life insurers is no big deal (generally speaking.)

Getting appointed with P&C insurers can be anywhere from hard to a nightmare.
-In smaller states, (RI) you probably want to start with "who are the good home/auto carriers" in this state and work backwards to the clusters. There is a ton of information on this forum about various clusters. Everyone has their opinion.

Did you ever find a solid cluster? I am on the same boat here in California. I am thinking about signing up with Superior Access. I am meeting with Goosehead later today, but their fees seem almost like a joke.

If you don't have existing relationships or production, good luck getting direct appointments. Carriers have been pulling appointments these days, not giving them. Everyone has a different opinion of who the best cluster is.

Back