CMS marketing rules and registered meetings

Tom in RI

Expert
I swear in one of my certifications I read that scheduling marketing meetings consecutively one the same day and place is now allowed but I’m having trouble finding confirmation. Has anyone else heard if that is now allowed? (having a BCBS meeting at 4:00 and a UHC meeting, same location, at 6:00).

I swear in one of my certifications I read that scheduling marketing meetings consecutively one the same day and place is now allowed but I’m having trouble finding confirmation. Has anyone else heard if that is now allowed? (having a BCBS meeting at 4:00 and a UHC meeting, same location, at 6:00).

Where did you read this? I have never heard anything addressing this at all.

I thought I saw it mentioned in one of the recertifications I took, but since I’ve recertified with 8 or 9 companies I can’t remember which one. I could be (probably) miss-remembering (as Roger Clemens said).

I don't know why it wouldn't be allowed.

In the AHIP it mentioned that an educational meeting could change to a marketing meeting as long as you give people time to leave the educational meeting before you start.

Maybe that’s what I read. What I’d like to do is schedule BCBS at 6:00 and UHC at 7:30 so people who want to hear both don’t need to come on two different nights. But I guess that probably still not allowed.

Are the 2 plans that identical that you can’t decipher which one would be best for the majority of people? Nothing wrong with presenting a couple plans but I would think you could tell which is going to be the lead plan for your area and focus seminars on that plan. For me it’s Aetna by a long shot although I do have the other 16 plans available in my area. If someone says they have had a bad experience with Aetna then you can show more options also.

In my market the local Blue Cross plan has probably 60% of all insureds (group, exchange, and Medicare). I only work in the Medicare space and tend to favor UHC, but my book is split maybe 55% UHC, 35% Blue, and 10% other. I can’t put all my eggs in one basket.

Back