• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

CMS - Marketplace Registration

From the Frequently Asked Questions at:

https://portal.cms.gov/wps/portal/unauthportal/faq

General

1. What is the CMS Enterprise Portal?
    The CMS Enterprise Portal is a convenient single point of entry to numerous CMS applications, systems, and databases.
  2. Who is eligible to have a CMS User Account?
    All US citizens who are over 18 years of age and have a valid US residential address are eligible to have a CMS User Account.
Virtually anyone can sign up/register at the portal, but if an agent does so now, there may be problems for him/her when the Agent Registration comes online and they attempt to register AGAIN. Wait until the status page referenced earlier in this thread gives the Green Light for agents.
-ac

Increase your E&O coverage & go for it guys.

Worst-case scenario:
You'll bankrupt a client (who put their trust in you to protect them).

Last edited:
Increase your E&O coverage & go for it guys.

Worst-case scenario:
You'll bankrupt a client (who put their trust in you to protect them).

I'm looking at these as a plan Tex--better to have a plan than throw down my hat and spit:

Plan A ="Sorry But I can Afford $1500 a month"

Plan B = "Forget it I will just have to take a risk--Ive gone this long"

Plan C = STM better than Limited Benefit and more affordable than ACA or Nothing

Take your pick

NONE of the choices (we've come up with) are acceptable!!!!

I'll throw down MY hat & spit before I'll sell an STM (as an affordable alternative to this mess).

PS: I don't own a hat & don't intend to buy one.
NOT offering this choice (as the law now reads).

Last edited:
What's the difference at this point between a Stm not renewing and a non Aca compliant plan not renewing next year. Not that I think this a wise choice and is definitely not for everyone but for the young invincibles and those that are just above any help lines Now STM is different in many states On how they consider pre x

Pardon me if I sound RUDE to ANY of you guys!

I'm not angry with any of you.
I'm angry with this whole system & the dilemma it will cause for American citizens.

I don't have the right answer!

I do know that I just heard about a young college student who's stuck in the hospital with a LIMITED-Benefit Student Policy...that's maxed out (in only a few days).

Parents now want to know what I can offer for them.
They are MAD about the school endorsing a piece of junk (for coverage).

Folks... U all can trash the law and new system all you want.... Won't do any good.... My question where were all you people for the last 3 years ans folks like yagents, annh and me have been studying this law.... You people never posted in this thread and now all a sudden you are pitching a hissy fit trying to figure it out...we know it and we ready

I can't wait till oct comes... I am in complete support of being in a position to enroll the entire state of texas in ObamaCare... The days to bitch and complain happened years ago.... Lets rock this puppy

I'm not bitching this is a complete gold mine just want to make sure we just have all the options laid out we only have one confirmed company and the two lArgest players have said no Bx which has the largest market share in iowa said we will pass this year

----------

Also a mini med is different than a short term med

For 1:
I never believed this puppy would walk.

For 2:
They are STILL changing (the stuff you learned over these years)
I always crammed for my tests at the last minute (and was an honor student)
I don't take the time to KNOW things till I need to know them

For 3:
Sorry, but I had the time today (slow day before holiday) to read-up on the forum....and became more angry as I read.

Maybe you didn't get an over-50% cut in pay from your preferred carrier about 1 year ago.....and you've become satisfied with the low pay.
Sounds like it (from your comments today).

For 4:
You probably already know what you'll sell to your clients who can't afford obamacare. Other agents don't. Let them speak. Share the forum.

For 5:
I posted in this forum many times (years ago) and got my hands slapped several times for not starting a new thread (when I went off on a tangent like we are now).

We ain't talkin about "CMS - Marketplace Registration" here

For 6:
I intend to send YOU (and others here) leads that I can't handle.
I decided long ago to exit this market as my book-of-business allows.
But, I have thousands of clients who WILL need my assistance this season.
I don't expect this to be easy nor profitable.
We disagree.

For 7:
You and lots of other experts here (who've been chatting for years) deserve to be paid better. You've taken on the job of interpreting law (the job of highly-paid attorneys). You've done VERY good, sir! You deserve my respect & I hope I have not offended you in any way.

I will now leave your territory (and enter when I have something useful to say to the community).

Last edited:
Back