• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Cold Call Script Feed Back

liferforlife

Expert
I've just decided that I've had it... i have been crapping by trying to develop a warm market. I've decided before i try to go warm again i need to fill up my bank account.
1) First off I've decided to make 500 calls a day Monday trough Friday. is that unrealistic?

2) i want to make 1 sale per day from those 500 calls. unrealistic?

3) these sales will made over the phone and they will be term sales.
4 here my scrip i'm looking for feed back and ways to improve it

Hi ________ this is _______ _______ with xyz insurance company , how’s your Monday going? Great. Listen, _______, I know you probably get a ton of calls so I’ll make this brief. Our surveys have shown that people in the area are paying between 30 to 40% more than they need to get life insurance.

Do you currently have life insurance?

Yes
That's great _________, that tells me you understand the value of Life Insurance. In fact you're exactly the kind of People we work with. You see the People that use us as well have found that in general they can save on the cost of their life insurance
"And to see if this will work for you as well, let me just ask you a couple of quick questions...
How much life insurance do you currently have?
What type? How many years is it for ? What year did you apply or How many years are left
What is your dob, height and weight? Do you smoke?
Any health issues? Prescriptions that you are taking?

NO
Have you ever looked into buying life insurance?
what has stopped you from buying.
You know ---- i cannot claim to know what you are interested in or not but is it safe to assume that like most people you’re interested in saving money, in protecting your family and building the best life possible for them..

And like most people you would do anything in your power to insure your family's well being right?
Well let me ask you a few question to see how much it would take to make sure that no matter what happen tomorrow, tonight you can fall asleep without worrying of what would happens to your family if you did not wake up. OK?

go into brief fact finder...

So what do you think ? how would you rate this script from 0 to 10
would you add ? remove anything?
I'm starting Monday.

I like that you are assuming that your prospect is answering the phone, instead of asking for them.

I rate the script a 4. Most of your fact finding flows like a cross examination, and involves you telling them what their concerns are instead of asking them.

What problems are you running into in your warm market?

I personally think 500 calls a day, unless on a dialer is not realistic. I could be wrong though.

How are you picking your cold call clinets? Just opening the phone book? Do you have a system for cold calls, how about warm calls?

Hi ________ this is _______ _______ with xyz insurance company , how’s your Monday going? Great. Listen, _______, I know you probably get a ton of calls so I’ll make this brief.
Nothing personal, but this may the single worst opening for a call I have ever read.

There are various reasons (all covered in other threads). Maybe a forum search will turn some of them up...

Nothing personal, but this may the single worst opening for a call I have ever read.

There are various reasons (all covered in other threads). Maybe a forum search will turn some of them up...

I agreee with M&M. This is not good. It is too lengthy. They will brand you as a salesman and be on the defense immediately.

People want to know 2 things when you call them:

1 - Who are you
2 - What do you want

"My name is DHK - an independent insurance agent here in (city). Do you have a quick minute to speak? The reason for my call is..."

Get permission to continue and then get straight to the point.

BTW, you can ALWAYS say you're independent as long as you are paid on a 1099 basis AND you are calling from a phone other than one at your firm. This can help avoid any prior bad experiences with the firm to taint your image up front.

I've just decided that I've had it... i have been crapping by trying to develop a warm market. I've decided before i try to go warm again i need to fill up my bank account.
1) First off I've decided to make 500 calls a day Monday trough Friday. is that unrealistic?

2) i want to make 1 sale per day from those 500 calls. unrealistic?

3) these sales will made over the phone and they will be term sales.
4 here my scrip i'm looking for feed back and ways to improve it

Hi ________ this is _______ _______ with xyz insurance company , how’s your Monday going? Great. Listen, _______, I know you probably get a ton of calls so I’ll make this brief. Our surveys have shown that people in the area are paying between 30 to 40% more than they need to get life insurance.

Do you currently have life insurance?

question 1) I don't see how 500 calls a day is attainable. Even with a dialer. I could be totally wrong, I've never used a dialer... but if you are going to be getting into a lengthy conversation with people who do answer the phone AND are interested, that'll eat up a lot of time.

Also, i think the opening is not good. If I were on the other end, I'd be getting off the phone as quickly as possible. As soon as someone says, "I'll be as quick as possible" or "I'll be brief" or "I know you get lots of calls, but...." , that to me is code for, I will be on the phone as long as it takes to sell you something..... :twitchy:

as for question 2) I'd say the one realistic thing about your approach is that if you do indeed make 500 calls a day, you can count on having at LEAST one sale a day. I'd hope so. I'd go shoot myself if I couldn't manage one sale out of 500 calls....

Back