Cold Call this morning

As a UHC MA member, I got a call this morning from a local agency asking if I had received my new Ucard. I explained I was an agent and didn't engage. I am wondering how he got my name and number. Can't see how it could come from anywhere but UHC. The caller sounded young and green so he may not have been aware we have AOR protection (which has worked very nicely, thank you).

As a UHC MA member, I got a call this morning from a local agency asking if I had received my new Ucard. I explained I was an agent and didn't engage. I am wondering how he got my name and number. Can't see how it could come from anywhere but UHC. The caller sounded young and green so he may not have been aware we have AOR protection (which has worked very nicely, thank you).
UHC MA does ***NOT*** have an AOR protection.
A simple plan change to another plan option within UHC MA will change the AOR.
In my market, I fight back more of those switchers than the ones who change to another carrier.

I've had similar experience with UHC AOR, if internal sales makes the switch, then I have remained the AOR.

Too bad UHC didnt do this sooner, in fact it seemed like they were the last of the big companies to take the pledge plunge. I think Humana started the trend.

There seem to be some loopholes, or something, because internal sales reps with all the companies will occasionally flip a client where I won't be the AOR.

It is interesting. I have clients who get similar calls. I have been under the impression that call center's or whomever will call people over and over, and slowly collect info, building a profile. So, even if you say you're not interested, but you mention you have a UHC MA plan, then they will call you back later, with that info already in their knowledge, and pretend to be UHC. This is just a theory.

This is a text a client received yesterday. They guessed wrong though bc he is with Aetna.

Do you know what this is about? Good morning Steve, I have your new Medicare updates for this year on your part A and B. I have a booklet for you and it’s just my job to make sure you get the updates and know how they’re working with your Allwell coinsurance. Are you around tomorrow or Thursday by chance? Just takes me a few minutes to deliver.

This is a text a client received yesterday. They guessed wrong though bc he is with Aetna.

Do you know what this is about? Good morning Steve, I have your new Medicare updates for this year on your part A and B. I have a booklet for you and it’s just my job to make sure you get the updates and know how they’re working with your Allwell coinsurance. Are you around tomorrow or Thursday by chance? Just takes me a few minutes to deliver.
Typical cold call approach in text format. Been around for years, especially in FE.

Agent calls wanting to deliver booklet (usually Medicare & You). His job to deliver the information and offers a choice of two different times. Cheesy but it works.

Your client is on someone's cold call list.

Typical cold call approach in text format. Been around for years, especially in FE.

Agent calls wanting to deliver booklet (usually Medicare & You). His job to deliver the information and offers a choice of two different times. Cheesy but it works.

Gosh I hated doing that. I was with a captive agency for the first 6 years of my career. We cold called 2 days a week. Ran appointments 3 days a week. Most of the appointments were set with that approach… I need to drop this info by about Medicare changes, and I’m gonna be in that area… ughh I hated doing this, nonetheless insurance was sold, and consumers were happy, but some were not haha

Gosh I hated doing that. I was with a captive agency for the first 6 years of my career. We cold called 2 days a week. Ran appointments 3 days a week. Most of the appointments were set with that approach… I need to drop this info by about Medicare changes, and I’m gonna be in that area… ughh I hated doing this, nonetheless insurance was sold, and consumers were happy, but some were not haha
Never did the captive side. Always independent.

When I turned 65, I'd get a boat load of those calls wanting to come out and go over the card I'd mailed in. Problem was, I hadn't mailed any card.

Most people we deal with are not that stupid.

Wonder why they would throw in Allwell and not just leave it at bringing you a booklet about A and B? Seems that would be a red flag for someone who actually knows what company they are with.

Back